Re: Albert Thomas Lightfoot

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 12, 2009
      Debra -

      Here's a start -

      1930 Lawrence Ward 4, Essex, MA - 80 Cross Street
      Lightfoot, Thomas W, head 35 married at age 26 born MA:NY:Eng
      (), Florence, wife 34 married at age 25 born England immigrat.1907
      (), Florence/0?:MA, Albert/2+6m:MA
      Smith, Annie, sister-in-law 37 divorced born England
      Corey, Albert, nephew 18 single born MA:Syria:England

      Name: Thomas W Lightfoot
      Address: 263 Lawrence Lawrence Mass.
      City: Lawrence
      County: Essex
      State: Massachusetts
      Birthplace: Lowell, Massachusetts U.S.A.
      Birth Date: 20 Dec 1894
      Race: Caucasian (White)
      FHL Roll Number: 1674347
      Occupation: Steam fitter
      Married, wife
      Service: 2 yrs Dishonorable Discharge U.S. Navy
      Registered: 17 Apr 1918

      Aha! He has military records that you can get copies of!

      U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
      Name: Thomas William Lightfoot
      Address: 25 Poplar Street Lawrence Mass.
      Birth Date: 20 Dec 1894
      Birth Place: Lowell, Massachusetts
      Residence: Lawrence, Massachusetts
      Race: White
      Roll: WWII_2247364

      U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
      Name: Florence Lightfoot
      Birth Date: 11 Jul 1895
      Birth Place: Yorkshire, England
      Gender: Female
      Residence: Lawrence, Massachusetts
      Passport Issue Date: 10 Mar 1923
      Spouse Name: Thomas W Lightfoot
      Spouse Birth Place: Lowell, Mass, USA
      Passport Includes a Photo: Y
      married: 23 November 1921 to Thomas W Lightfoot
      address: 101 Cross St., Lawrence (MA)
      I intend to leave: 23 June 1923 to visit relatives

      The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1918 - p. 318
      Lightfoot Thomas W (Anna P) driver b 263 Lawrence
      NOTE: address matches the WWI draft registration card.

      The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1919
      FOR YEAR ENDING SEPTEMBER 1920 - p. 315
      Lightfoot, Anna P (Mrs. Thomas W) died Oct 12 1918

      The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1926 - p. 534
      Lightfoot Thomas (Florence) h 22 Wendell

      The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1928 - p. 529
      Lightfoot Thomas (Florence) asst undertaker 84 Cross h 22 Wendell
      NOTE: other years also available for Lawrence (MA) 1926-1951

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Lightfoot" <debjack216@...> wrote:

      > ... ... ...
      > Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass
      >
      > His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
      > Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}
      >
      > Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything
      >
      > Debra

    • cerasuolor
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 12, 2009
        Hi,

        If you find you need anything looked up in the Lawrence area I'm pretty much right next door in Haverhill. I'll do my best to help. I also have access the Essex County Genealogical Society info. It has a separate room at the Lynnfield Library.

        Rachel

      • debjack216@ameritech.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 24, 2009
          Rachael,
          You are awesome!!!! I have been stuck for some time and I appreciate any help you can give me... Let me know what you need...
          Debra

        • debjack216@ameritech.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 24, 2009
            Tom,
            Thanks so much!!!!! I know you didnt have to do any of that. Unfortunantly I need right before all of this. I dont know who my great grandparents are except for thomas william.
            You cant imagine how surprised I was when I logged on. I cant believe how wonderful you are...
            Debra

          • debjack216@ameritech.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 24, 2009
              Rachael,
              I dont have to much info, not much at all except that her mother died at birth leaving her to her father and then he remarried.
              Debra

              -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "cerasuolor" <cerasuolor@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > If you find you need anything looked up in the Lawrence area I'm pretty much right next door in Haverhill. I'll do my best to help. I also have access the Essex County Genealogical Society info. It has a separate room at the Lynnfield Library.
              >
              > Rachel
              >

              > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Lightfoot" <debjack216@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Irene Elaine {Coulembre} Martin she was adopted, by step mother because her mother died while given birth. Her father {Albert/Alfred} remarried.{}Mothers maiden name. D.O.B 12/15/1936 Place of birth Massachusettes Father and mother lived in Lowell, Mass
              > >
              > > Her brothers and sisters are:
              > > Geraldine
              > > Lucille
              > > Paul
              > > Al
              > > Pauline
              > > Fred
              > >
              > > Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass
              > >
              > > His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
              > > Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}
              > >
              > > Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything
              > >
              > > Debra

            • tomknox2001
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27, 2009
                Debra -

                YW! (You're welcome!)
                I'm 'paying forward' for all of the help that I have received
                through the years . . .
                And I started with Albert because he had a date prior to 1930
                (the most-recent census) . . .

                - Tom Knox

              • debjack216@ameritech.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 28, 2009
                  Rachel,
                  Any help that you can give me would be very grateful. I guess I am just stuck.

                  -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "cerasuolor" <cerasuolor@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > If you find you need anything looked up in the Lawrence area I'm pretty much right next door in Haverhill. I'll do my best to help. I also have access the Essex County Genealogical Society info. It has a separate room at the Lynnfield Library.
                  >
                  > Rachel
                  >

                  > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Lightfoot" <debjack216@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Irene Elaine {Coulembre} Martin she was adopted, by step mother because her mother died while given birth. Her father {Albert/Alfred} remarried.{}Mothers maiden name. D.O.B 12/15/1936 Place of birth Massachusettes Father and mother lived in Lowell, Mass
                  > >
                  > > Her brothers and sisters are:
                  > > Geraldine
                  > > Lucille
                  > > Paul
                  > > Al
                  > > Pauline
                  > > Fred
                  > >
                  > > Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass
                  > >
                  > > His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
                  > > Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}
                  > >
                  > > Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything
                  > >
                  > > Debra

                • Forrest Plumstead
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 29, 2009
                    Try joining Yahoo Quaker Roots list. Lightfoot is a common Quaker
                    name. Even if your father was not Quaker, his ancesters might have
                    been. The great thing is that Quakers kept great genealogy records.

                    --
                    Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                    Plumstead and Associated Families:
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 31, 2009
                      Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?

                      Chris

                      --
                      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@gmail. com
                      Plumstead and Associated Families:

                    • tomknox2001
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
                        I would instead recommend:
                        RootsWeb Quaker Corner
                        - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
                        includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group

                        Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
                        - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm

                        QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
                        - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html

                        Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
                        - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records

                        It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:

                        - Tom Knox

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
                          On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, tomknox2001 <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                          > I would instead recommend:
                          > RootsWeb Quaker Corner
                          > - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
                          > includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group
                          >
                          > Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
                          > - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm
                          >
                          > QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
                          > - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html
                          >
                          > Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
                          > - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records
                          >
                          > It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:
                          >
                          > - Tom Knox
                          >

                          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>,
                          > Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?
                          > >
                          > > Chris

                          Sorry I was wrong it's not Yahoo
                          To subscribe from the list, please send an email to
                          QUAKER-ROOTS-request@... with the word 'subscribe' without the

                          Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                          Plumstead and Associated Families:

                        • Mary E. Conley
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 28, 2009
                            Debra,

                            I can't tell from your posting what Albert/Alfred's last name was.  My gr-gr-grandparents moved to Lowell, MA and passed away there.  I traveled to Lowell in 07 and found their graves as well as spent a couple of days in the Lowell library.  If you know anyone who, or if someone in this group lives in Lowell and could do a look up for you, the library staff were excellent at making suggestions of where to look.  They have on-line MA databases, microfilm of multiple local newspapers, City Directories going back into the late 1800's, etc.  Also, if someone walks into the records room (in another building just down the block) the staff person there was able to look and give me some information of other names that I might want to look at.  I was also able to come back the same day and pick up the documents I ordered.  If I had mailed in a request it would have taken much longer than my entire trip (I leisurely drove back to CA).  Please keep in in
                            the loop regarding Lowell, MA look-ups (I still need some more).

                            Mary
                            Roseville, California