Need help w/ mothers side of family

  • Debra Lightfoot
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 12, 2009
      Irene Elaine {Coulembre} Martin she was adopted, by step mother because her mother died while given birth. Her father {Albert/Alfred} remarried.{}Mothers maiden name. D.O.B 12/15/1936 Place of birth Massachusettes Father and mother lived in Lowell, Mass

      Her brothers and sisters are:
      Geraldine
      Lucille
      Paul
      Al
      Pauline
      Fred

      Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass

      His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
      Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}

      Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything

      Debra
    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 12, 2009
        Debra -

        Here's a start -

        1930 Lawrence Ward 4, Essex, MA - 80 Cross Street
        Lightfoot, Thomas W, head 35 married at age 26 born MA:NY:Eng
        (), Florence, wife 34 married at age 25 born England immigrat.1907
        (), Florence/0?:MA, Albert/2+6m:MA
        Smith, Annie, sister-in-law 37 divorced born England
        Corey, Albert, nephew 18 single born MA:Syria:England

        Name: Thomas W Lightfoot
        Address: 263 Lawrence Lawrence Mass.
        City: Lawrence
        County: Essex
        State: Massachusetts
        Birthplace: Lowell, Massachusetts U.S.A.
        Birth Date: 20 Dec 1894
        Race: Caucasian (White)
        FHL Roll Number: 1674347
        Occupation: Steam fitter
        Married, wife
        Service: 2 yrs Dishonorable Discharge U.S. Navy
        Registered: 17 Apr 1918

        Aha! He has military records that you can get copies of!

        U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
        Name: Thomas William Lightfoot
        Address: 25 Poplar Street Lawrence Mass.
        Birth Date: 20 Dec 1894
        Birth Place: Lowell, Massachusetts
        Residence: Lawrence, Massachusetts
        Race: White
        Roll: WWII_2247364

        U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
        Name: Florence Lightfoot
        Birth Date: 11 Jul 1895
        Birth Place: Yorkshire, England
        Gender: Female
        Residence: Lawrence, Massachusetts
        Passport Issue Date: 10 Mar 1923
        Spouse Name: Thomas W Lightfoot
        Spouse Birth Place: Lowell, Mass, USA
        Passport Includes a Photo: Y
        married: 23 November 1921 to Thomas W Lightfoot
        address: 101 Cross St., Lawrence (MA)
        I intend to leave: 23 June 1923 to visit relatives

        The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1918 - p. 318
        Lightfoot Thomas W (Anna P) driver b 263 Lawrence
        NOTE: address matches the WWI draft registration card.

        The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1919
        FOR YEAR ENDING SEPTEMBER 1920 - p. 315
        Lightfoot, Anna P (Mrs. Thomas W) died Oct 12 1918

        The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1926 - p. 534
        Lightfoot Thomas (Florence) h 22 Wendell

        The Lawrence (MA) Directory 1928 - p. 529
        Lightfoot Thomas (Florence) asst undertaker 84 Cross h 22 Wendell
        NOTE: other years also available for Lawrence (MA) 1926-1951

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Lightfoot" <debjack216@...> wrote:

        > ... ... ...
        > Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass
        >
        > His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
        > Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}
        >
        > Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything
        >
        > Debra

      • cerasuolor
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 12, 2009
          Hi,

          If you find you need anything looked up in the Lawrence area I'm pretty much right next door in Haverhill. I'll do my best to help. I also have access the Essex County Genealogical Society info. It has a separate room at the Lynnfield Library.

          Rachel

        • debjack216@ameritech.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 24, 2009
            Rachael,
            You are awesome!!!! I have been stuck for some time and I appreciate any help you can give me... Let me know what you need...
            Debra

          • debjack216@ameritech.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 24, 2009
              Tom,
              Thanks so much!!!!! I know you didnt have to do any of that. Unfortunantly I need right before all of this. I dont know who my great grandparents are except for thomas william.
              You cant imagine how surprised I was when I logged on. I cant believe how wonderful you are...
              Debra

            • debjack216@ameritech.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 24, 2009
                Rachael,
                I dont have to much info, not much at all except that her mother died at birth leaving her to her father and then he remarried.
                Debra

                -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "cerasuolor" <cerasuolor@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > If you find you need anything looked up in the Lawrence area I'm pretty much right next door in Haverhill. I'll do my best to help. I also have access the Essex County Genealogical Society info. It has a separate room at the Lynnfield Library.
                >
                > Rachel
                >

                > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Lightfoot" <debjack216@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Irene Elaine {Coulembre} Martin she was adopted, by step mother because her mother died while given birth. Her father {Albert/Alfred} remarried.{}Mothers maiden name. D.O.B 12/15/1936 Place of birth Massachusettes Father and mother lived in Lowell, Mass
                > >
                > > Her brothers and sisters are:
                > > Geraldine
                > > Lucille
                > > Paul
                > > Al
                > > Pauline
                > > Fred
                > >
                > > Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass
                > >
                > > His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
                > > Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}
                > >
                > > Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything
                > >
                > > Debra

              • tomknox2001
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 27, 2009
                  Debra -

                  YW! (You're welcome!)
                  I'm 'paying forward' for all of the help that I have received
                  through the years . . .
                  And I started with Albert because he had a date prior to 1930
                  (the most-recent census) . . .

                  - Tom Knox

                • debjack216@ameritech.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 28, 2009
                    Rachel,
                    Any help that you can give me would be very grateful. I guess I am just stuck.

                    -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "cerasuolor" <cerasuolor@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > If you find you need anything looked up in the Lawrence area I'm pretty much right next door in Haverhill. I'll do my best to help. I also have access the Essex County Genealogical Society info. It has a separate room at the Lynnfield Library.
                    >
                    > Rachel
                    >

                    > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Lightfoot" <debjack216@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Irene Elaine {Coulembre} Martin she was adopted, by step mother because her mother died while given birth. Her father {Albert/Alfred} remarried.{}Mothers maiden name. D.O.B 12/15/1936 Place of birth Massachusettes Father and mother lived in Lowell, Mass
                    > >
                    > > Her brothers and sisters are:
                    > > Geraldine
                    > > Lucille
                    > > Paul
                    > > Al
                    > > Pauline
                    > > Fred
                    > >
                    > > Alert Thomas Lightfoot is my fathers name and have only brought up minium info on him D.O.B 10/03/1927 D.O.D 10/27/1973 born in Lowell Massachusettes dies in Lawrence, Mass
                    > >
                    > > His parents names are Thomas William Lightfoot {New York}&
                    > > Florence Smith {Yorkshire,England}
                    > >
                    > > Any help would be vey much appreciated. I feel lost hardly knowing anything
                    > >
                    > > Debra

                  • Forrest Plumstead
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 29, 2009
                      Try joining Yahoo Quaker Roots list. Lightfoot is a common Quaker
                      name. Even if your father was not Quaker, his ancesters might have
                      been. The great thing is that Quakers kept great genealogy records.

                      --
                      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                      Plumstead and Associated Families:
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 31, 2009
                        Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?

                        Chris

                        --
                        Forrest Plumstead fplum1@gmail. com
                        Plumstead and Associated Families:

                      • tomknox2001
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
                          I would instead recommend:
                          RootsWeb Quaker Corner
                          - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
                          includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group

                          Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
                          - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm

                          QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
                          - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html

                          Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
                          - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records

                          It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:

                          - Tom Knox

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
                            On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, tomknox2001 <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                            > I would instead recommend:
                            > RootsWeb Quaker Corner
                            > - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
                            > includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group
                            >
                            > Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
                            > - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm
                            >
                            > QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
                            > - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html
                            >
                            > Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
                            > - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records
                            >
                            > It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:
                            >
                            > - Tom Knox
                            >

                            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>,
                            > Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?
                            > >
                            > > Chris

                            Sorry I was wrong it's not Yahoo
                            To subscribe from the list, please send an email to
                            QUAKER-ROOTS-request@... with the word 'subscribe' without the

                            Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                            Plumstead and Associated Families:

                          • Mary E. Conley
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 28, 2009
                              Debra,

                              I can't tell from your posting what Albert/Alfred's last name was.  My gr-gr-grandparents moved to Lowell, MA and passed away there.  I traveled to Lowell in 07 and found their graves as well as spent a couple of days in the Lowell library.  If you know anyone who, or if someone in this group lives in Lowell and could do a look up for you, the library staff were excellent at making suggestions of where to look.  They have on-line MA databases, microfilm of multiple local newspapers, City Directories going back into the late 1800's, etc.  Also, if someone walks into the records room (in another building just down the block) the staff person there was able to look and give me some information of other names that I might want to look at.  I was also able to come back the same day and pick up the documents I ordered.  If I had mailed in a request it would have taken much longer than my entire trip (I leisurely drove back to CA).  Please keep in in
                              the loop regarding Lowell, MA look-ups (I still need some more).

                              Mary
                              Roseville, California