Re: [Genealogy Research Club] new member

  • Lee Mossolle
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 10 9:36 AM
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lee_(valet)

      Good reading

      --- On Sun, 8/9/09, Dina Kocsa <dee.k124@...> wrote:

      From: Dina Kocsa <dee.k124@...>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] new member
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 9:15 PM

      The names are William "Billy" Lee and Frank Lee - both were purchased in the
      late 1760s.  Billy lived at Mount Vernon for the rest of his life.  Frank married
      one of Martha's dower slaves, a cook named Lucy...Billy was outright
      freed in GWs will and Frank was freed in 1800? by MW

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hello everyone,
        I'm researching Nipp Knipp and variants thereof.

        If anyone is interested there's a DNA project in the works.

        A new YDNA project attempting to tie males with any variant of the surname Nipp/Knipp to their immigrant ancestors. This project is for males with any variation of the Nipp/Knipp surname, or males who suspect they are from that surname line. Thus, the individual who tests must be a male who wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, or Y-DNA111 test and who has one of the surnames listed for the project, or genetically matches one of the surnames in the project.
        Although females do not carry their father's Y-DNA, those who would like to check their father's direct paternal line can have a male relative with his surname order a Y-DNA test.

        Contact nipp_knipp@...
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NippKnapp-KIN/
        http://nippknippkin.wordpress.com/