Brickwall: Mailloux, Ancestors

  • cerasuolor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2009
      Hi

      I have hit a serious brickwall. I've been looking for ages. I am looking for the
      following people.

      Jean Baptiste (Sem) Mailloux b.@1824 U.S. d. Mar 5 1856 St Joachim, Pt Claire,
      Quebec m. Josephet Adelaide Filiatrault (Philiatrault)dit St Louis Nov 25 1847
      J. Adelaide b. Apr 9 1810 St Joachim, Pt Claire, Quebec d. June 27 1899
      Haverhill, MA

      What I need is to verify his mother's name. Ancestry.com has Jean Bpt as being
      baptized the same day he was married. It says his father is Louis Mailloux. His
      mother's name is a little hard to make out. I think it says Sale Proctor
      (Proctur, Procter?) I also would like to find out where in the U.S. he was born.
      A lot of the Mailloux's settled in N.Y., R.I., and MA.

      The 1851 Canadian Census has Adelaide as 42yrs old., Adelaide Maillou(daughter
      aka Eliza,Elisa) 7yrs old, Napoleon 3yrs old, Alexandre 8 mos. All born in Pt
      Claire. Samuel Maillou b. U.S. 27yrs old. Which works out right because the
      marriage/baptism record said he was 23yrs old at marriage in 1847. But is Samuel
      the same as Jean Bpt Sem Mailloux?

      Any help will be appreciated.

      Rae