RE: [Genealogy Research Club] help searching world war II military records

  • Julie Rittacco
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 6, 2009
      YES, this is him.

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: mccgram@...
      Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:05:41 +0000
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] help searching world war II military records

      IS this Him?
      U.S. Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles
      about Benjamin Harris
      Name: Benjamin Harris
      Residence: Montpelier, Indiana
      Enlistment Date: 3 Jan 1864
      Rank at enlistment: Private
      State Served: Indiana
      Survived the War?: Yes
      Service Record: Enlisted in Company I, Indiana 130th Infantry Regiment on 01 Mar 1864.
      Mustered out on 10 Dec 1865.

      Sources: Report of the Adjutant General of the State of Indiana

      American Civil War Soldiers
      about Benjamin Harris
      Name: Benjamin Harris
      Residence: Montpelier, Indiana
      Enlistment Date: 1 Mar 1864
      Side Served: Union
      State Served: Indiana
      Service Record: Enlisted as a Private on 1 March 1864.
      Enlisted in Company I, 130th Infantry Regiment Indiana on 1 Mar 1864.
      Mustered Out Company I, 130th Infantry Regiment Indiana on 10 Dec 1865.

      Sources: 76

    • Julie Rittacco
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 6, 2009
        Thank You for this info!!!!

        To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: mccgram@...
        Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:24:28 +0000

        --->
        > HARRIS Benjamin Feb 07 1835 Feb 14 1917 Penn Jay Twin Hills/IOOF IN
        >
        > http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~injay/Records/CemeteryRecordsFthruL.htm

        Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette - February 17, 1917, Fort Wayne, Indiana

        le mark T- C Doris neral Avill be held Sunday Benjamin Harris aged vears is dead at the home of a daughter...

        Refine by:
        Date of Publication: Saturday, February 17, 1917
        City: Fort Wayne
        State: Indiana
        Benjamin Harris ages 82 is dead at the home of a daughter residing near Balbec. He was a Veteran of the Civil War, and in 1859 joined in the Gold Rush at Pikes Peak. He leaves 4 children. Funeral on Saturday at Pennville M>E>Church

      • Julie Rittacco
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 6, 2009
          Thank You so very much for your help!!! Julie

          To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: mccgram@...
          Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:10:44 +0000

          HARRIS, Benjamin Dusti BIOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL RECORD OF JAY AND BLACKFORD COUNTIES, INDIANA
          The Lewis Publishing Company, 1887 Page 415 BENJAMIN HARRIS, a prominent citizen of Jay County, engaged in farming and
          stock dealing on section 15,
          Penn Township, was born in Columbiana County, Ohio, February 7, 1835, a son
          of Benjamin and Asenath
          (Whitaker) Harris, natives of North Carolina and Oh