Re: [Genealogy Research Club] help searching world war II military records

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 4, 2009
      IS this Him?
      U.S. Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles
      about Benjamin Harris
      Name: Benjamin Harris
      Residence: Montpelier, Indiana
      Enlistment Date: 3 Jan 1864
      Rank at enlistment: Private
      State Served: Indiana
      Survived the War?: Yes
      Service Record: Enlisted in Company I, Indiana 130th Infantry Regiment on 01 Mar 1864.
      Mustered out on 10 Dec 1865.

      Sources: Report of the Adjutant General of the State of Indiana

      American Civil War Soldiers
      about Benjamin Harris
      Name: Benjamin Harris
      Residence: Montpelier, Indiana
      Enlistment Date: 1 Mar 1864
      Side Served: Union
      State Served: Indiana
      Service Record: Enlisted as a Private on 1 March 1864.
      Enlisted in Company I, 130th Infantry Regiment Indiana on 1 Mar 1864.
      Mustered Out Company I, 130th Infantry Regiment Indiana on 10 Dec 1865.

      Sources: 76

    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 4, 2009
        HARRIS, Benjamin Dusti BIOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL RECORD OF JAY AND BLACKFORD COUNTIES, INDIANA
        The Lewis Publishing Company, 1887 Page 415 BENJAMIN HARRIS, a prominent citizen of Jay County, engaged in farming and
        stock dealing on section 15,
        Penn Township, was born in Columbiana County, Ohio, February 7, 1835, a son
        of Benjamin and Asenath
        (Whitaker) Harris, natives of North Carolina and Oh

        > http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~injay/Records/Biographies.htm

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 4, 2009
          --->
          > HARRIS Benjamin Feb 07 1835 Feb 14 1917 Penn Jay Twin Hills/IOOF IN
          >
          > http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~injay/Records/CemeteryRecordsFthruL.htm

          Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette - February 17, 1917, Fort Wayne, Indiana

          le mark T- C Doris neral Avill be held Sunday Benjamin Harris aged vears is dead at the home of a daughter...

          Refine by:
          Date of Publication: Saturday, February 17, 1917
          City: Fort Wayne
          State: Indiana
          Benjamin Harris ages 82 is dead at the home of a daughter residing near Balbec. He was a Veteran of the Civil War, and in 1859 joined in the Gold Rush at Pikes Peak. He leaves 4 children. Funeral on Saturday at Pennville M>E>Church

        • Julie Rittacco
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 6, 2009
            YES, this is him.

            To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 6, 2009
              Thank You for this info!!!!

              To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
              From: mccgram@...
              Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:24:28 +0000

              --->

              Date of Publication: Saturday, February 17, 1917
              City: Fort Wayne

              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 6, 2009
                Thank You so very much for your help!!! Julie

                To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: mccgram@...
                Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:10:44 +0000