Re: looking for info on :schairer ancestors

  • shaylalasmom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
      I do know that my dads grandfather was named Carl (some say it was spelled with a k) Schairer and he was born in 1893 in Ohio and he was married to Ethel montgomery (i believe that was the maiden)

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mccgram" <mccgram@...> wrote:

      > 1920 United States Federal Census
      > Census & Voter Lists
      > View Image
      > Name: Caroline Schairer
      > Birth: abt 1841 - Germany
      > Arrival: Un
      > Residence: 1920 - Cambridge Ward 2, Guernsey, Ohio
      >

      > 1870 United States Federal Census
      > Census & Voter Lists
      > View Image
      > Name: Mary Schairer
      > Birth: abt 1834 - Baden
      > Residence: 1870 - Cincinnati Ward 10, Hamilton, Ohio
      >
      > theres a lot of those names for Ohio at Ancestry.. have you any 1st names, Grandparents etc?

    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
        -I found Karl's WW2 application, he was already married to Ethel, he was born Karl Frederick Schairer Dec 1, 1892, Lived at 1209 Steubenville Ave.Guernsey Ohio, worked for Universal Potteries Inc.

        Name: Karl Frederick Schairer
        Birth Date: 1 Dec 1892
        Birth Place: Cambridge, Ohio
        Residence: Guernsey, Ohio
        Race: White
        Roll: WWII_1358110
      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
          Name: Carl Schairer
          Home in 1900: Cambridge Ward 1, Guernsey, Ohio
          Age: 7
          Birth Date: Dec 1892
          Birthplace: Ohio
          Race: White
          Ethnicity: American
          Gender: Male
          Relationship to Head of House: Son
          Father's Name: Henry
          Father's Birthplace: Ohio
          Mother's Name: M Dora
          Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
          Marital Status: Single
          Residence : Cambridge City, Guernsey, Ohio
          Occupation: View on Image
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Household Members: Name Age
          Henry Schairer 33
          M Dora Schairer 27
          Carl Schairer 7
          S Hellen Schairer 3

          so far this is the closest as for birth..