Re: Birth & Death certificates

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 1:56 AM
      Guess none of you have had any experience with Florida. I spent $45.oo ($5.00 for each search) and got 3 back. So I lost $30.00.

      I knew exactly where they died, date, name, etc. and they said "NO Record". My grandmother died in my sister's home and all are buried in our family plot. Called the Director of Vital Stats and his office checked and found the first one right off.

      One they sent me had all the information wrong, there was no way the could have research my information and sent me anything that messed up. Giant Ripoff.

      I went to my county office and was told they only have access to 6 months records, which has to be untrue, since they have access to the main data base in Jacksonville.

      If I can't get the ones when I know all the information, there isn't much hope of getting one that needs research.

    • jamesr23@juno.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3 8:36 AM
        A cheaperway to start may be with an obituary notice. It will give you a better starting point sometimes. I was distracted while reading you message and do not recall any dates but even old obit will sometimes be in the library. I am sure that most of us know this but in our excitement and haste we forget a little thing and then... I looked at a picture for sometime 6 or 7 years to be more trueful and found that I had been looking at people that I had always wondered what they looked like. Made me take another look and there was a wealth of information about family connections that I knew but just did not register. Happy 4th to all. Ann in middle Georgia

        Digital Photography - Click Now.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmQo2jh6LnknE8wn73hjyHxBYKua9QPACq0MiGB5V2LoROiTCYg/
      • littledi1030
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4 5:17 AM
          I had that problem with IN. Knew where grandmother died, was there for the funeral. Got the Death Cert. and her name was wrong. Called them their answer was that "that is what we have, if you want to change it we need three pieces of proof, and another $10." Asked if her Obit counted,"no." Fortunately I have enough other documents with her name but they can keep the one with the wrong info.