Re: looking for info on :schairer ancestors

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
      1920 United States Federal Census
      Census & Voter Lists
      View Image
      Name: Caroline Schairer
      Birth: abt 1841 - Germany
      Arrival: Un
      Residence: 1920 - Cambridge Ward 2, Guernsey, Ohio

      1870 United States Federal Census
      Census & Voter Lists
      View Image
      Name: Mary Schairer
      Birth: abt 1834 - Baden
      Residence: 1870 - Cincinnati Ward 10, Hamilton, Ohio

      theres a lot of those names for Ohio at Ancestry.. have you any 1st names, Grandparents etc?
    • shaylalasmom
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
        I do know that my dads grandfather was named Carl (some say it was spelled with a k) Schairer and he was born in 1893 in Ohio and he was married to Ethel montgomery (i believe that was the maiden)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
          -I found Karl's WW2 application, he was already married to Ethel, he was born Karl Frederick Schairer Dec 1, 1892, Lived at 1209 Steubenville Ave.Guernsey Ohio, worked for Universal Potteries Inc.

          Name: Karl Frederick Schairer
          Birth Date: 1 Dec 1892
          Birth Place: Cambridge, Ohio
          Residence: Guernsey, Ohio
          Race: White
          Roll: WWII_1358110
        • mccgram
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2009
            Name: Carl Schairer
            Home in 1900: Cambridge Ward 1, Guernsey, Ohio
            Age: 7
            Birth Date: Dec 1892
            Birthplace: Ohio
            Race: White
            Ethnicity: American
            Gender: Male
            Relationship to Head of House: Son
            Father's Name: Henry
            Father's Birthplace: Ohio
            Mother's Name: M Dora
            Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
            Marital Status: Single
            Residence : Cambridge City, Guernsey, Ohio
            Occupation: View on Image
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            Henry Schairer 33
            M Dora Schairer 27
            Carl Schairer 7
            S Hellen Schairer 3

            so far this is the closest as for birth..