Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: help with letter to unknown relatives

  • michelle miller
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24 6:00 AM
      I'm always looking for fresh info from family members so what I do is  find them either in the phone book or on an online phone book, I just like to call ,first tell them your name, let them know what your doing and ask if they recongize any of these names  when they say yes ask what other information they can add, most are reciptive but some aren't and those that aren't I ask if they could tell me who might be able to help me with my family history. Personaly I've found several cousins (times removed) this way I used to send tons of letters with no reply so I found calling was the best, I have one cousin who thought I was a salesperson, after leaving several voice messages on her machine she finally relaized all I wanted was information on the family. How ever you do it just say something like Hello I'm ? the daughter of ? and I'm trying to find out about my ?(surname) family history and I was hoping you could help. My ? said you were the person to
      contact. and go on from there.
      anyway good luck

      Michelle