Re: [Genealogy Research Club] need help looking for patients/inmates of topeka state (insane) hosptal

  • Mary Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2009
      How cool!  and unusual!  You are very lucky!  Is that institution still open?  Who did you contact, someone at the hospital or someone at the State?  I've wanted so much to even know why my great grandmother was committed ... I was told once by my mother that my great grandmother died when her duaghter, my grandmother, was just a child!  I found her 'by accident' in the 1910 & 1920 census'!  I'm still not sure who knew what ... everyone brfore me has passed on.
      Would love to know what red-tape you ran across, etc!
      Thanx!
      Mary

      From: Meagan Coggins <xdaysofyouthx@...>

      Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:46:56
      To: <genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com>

      What kind of information are you looking for?  You will not get anything from the hospital, doesn't matter if she was there 100 years ago, I have never heard of a hospital releasing records.  Have you read her obit or gone to visit her grave?