Trying to find a way to obtain a photo of my deceased biologocal mother

  • aleishman@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2009
      Hello to all of you. I am nearly 86 years of age and in an advanced
      state of cancer so time is of the essence for me to find a photo of my
      birth mother who died in the U.K. in the 1980's.
      With the help of my daughter we have discovered a great about my
      mother's life and my father's life, but have not been able to find
      anyone who can help with a photo of her. I have a great need to see her
      face before I leave this world and I have reached a dead end on how to
      do this.
      I would be so grateful to anyone who might be able to suggest how this
      might be done.
      My mother was born in New Zealand and lived in two states of Australia
      before living out the last part of her life in the U.K., so she would
      have been on ships or planes and needed a passport.
      I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.
      Thank you. Audrey. [:)]

    • cerasuolor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2009
        Hi,

        You didn't add her name,but try google.com. Click on images put in your mother's name. You can also narrow it down by clicking on pictures. You might find her there. Hope this helps.

        Rachel

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aleishman@..." <aleishman@...> wrote:

        > Hello to all of you. I am nearly 86 years of age and in an advanced
        > state of cancer so time is of the essence for me to find a photo of my
        > birth mother who died in the U.K. in the 1980's.
        > With the help of my daughter we have discovered a great about my
        > mother's life and my father's life, but have not been able to find
        > anyone who can help with a photo of her. I have a great need to see her
        > face before I leave this world and I have reached a dead end on how to
        > do this.
        > I would be so grateful to anyone who might be able to suggest how this
        > might be done.
        > My mother was born in New Zealand and lived in two states of Australia
        > before living out the last part of her life in the U.K., so she would
        > have been on ships or planes and needed a passport.
        > I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.
        > Thank you. Audrey. [:)]

      • Meagan Coggins
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2009
          Were you adopted?  Usually when someone refers to their mother as their birth mother it means they were adopted.  With that said, did you ever know your mother?  Have you exhausted all relatives (close and distant) who may have a photo?  There may still be somewhere a drivers license photo of her.  I am in the US so I am not sure how these records are kept over seas.

          You didn't add her name,but try google.com. Click on images put in your mother's name. You can also narrow it down by clicking on pictures. You might find her there. Hope this helps.

          Rachel

          --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, "aleishman@. .." <aleishman@. ..> wrote:

          > Hello to all of you. I am nearly 86 years of age and in an advanced

          > state of cancer so time is of the essence for me to find a photo of my

          > birth mother who died in the U.K. in the 1980's.

          > With the help of my daughter we have discovered a great about my

          > mother's life and my father's life, but have not been able to find

          > anyone who can help with a photo of her. I have a great need to see her

          > face before I leave this world and I have reached a dead end on how to

          > do this.

          > I would be so grateful to anyone who might be able to suggest how this

          > might be done.

          > My mother was born in New Zealand and lived in two states of Australia

          > before living out the last part of her life in the U.K., so she would

          > have been on ships or planes and needed a passport.

          > I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.

          > Thank you. Audrey. [:)]

        • Mary Stewart
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17, 2009
            Hi!  Have you been able to find her obit?  There may have been a picture with it, and if so, the newspaper may still have the original also.
            If she belonged to any clubs or organizations, they may have, if nothing else, a group shot with her included.
            Just a couple of thoughts ...

            Mary