Question on Grandfather's Name on Copy of Social Security Application

  • JudyAnn54@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2009
      I recently received a copy of my maternal grandfather's social security
      application. It gave me a few facts that I didn't know such as his parent's
      names and the town in Italy where he was born but it also raised one big
      question like what is his real name?

      I have always known my grandfather's name to be Joseph Stozzetto. When I
      received the application, it had Joseph as his first name, Stozzetto as his
      middle name and Sauro as his last name. His father's name is Carlo
      Stozzetto and his mother's name is Concetta Saputo. He even signed at the bottom
      Joseph Sauro. I have his death certificate and it says Joseph Stozzetto. In
      the Social Security Death Index, it lists his name as Joseph Stozzetto, too.

      How do I confirm what is right? He was born in Naples, Italy. Is it
      possible to get his birth certificate and where do I write to get it? I'm
      definitely going to request his marriage certificate. I'm thankful that he got
      married in New York so that should be easy to get.

      Thank you for all of your help and suggestions. :)

      Judy
      New York
      cntnew00000007)