Re: Maita in Chicago

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2009
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "cwd0852" <cwd0852@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > The only information on have on Maita is Salvatore Maita married
      > Mary Gervase son James born in Chicago Dec. 1925
      > Any information helpful
      >Maita
      [ From your info]
      Salvatore Maita married Mary Gervase
      son: James born in Chicago Dec. 1925

      [Found on Ancestry.com]

      Name: James Maita
      Birth Date: 22 Dec 1925
      Birth Location: Cook County, IL
      File number: 6058813
      Archive collection name: Cook County Genealogy Records (Births)
      Archive repository location: Chicago, IL
      Archive repository name: Cook County Clerk
      ****************
      1930 Federal Census [per Ancestry.com - This has a "Jenny Maita" listed
      as male & "Grandson" - I believe this is an incorrect transcription of the name
      "Jimmy" - as looking at the record, the handweiting is very sloppy and could be
      read incorrectly. I also cannot figure what the marital status is for Mary Maita,
      head of household, it looks like "un" and is also found on other females on the page]

      1930 United States Federal Census
      about "Jenny Maita"
      Name: Jenny Maita
      Home in 1930: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
      Age: 4
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1926
      Relation to Head-of-house: Grandson
      Race: White
      Occupation:
      Education:
      Military service:
      Rent/home value:
      Age at first marriage:
      Parents' birthplace: Italy
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Household Members: Name Age
      Mary Maita 29
      Jennie Gervase 49
      Katie Garafolo 22
      Lorane Garafolo 2
      Sam Garafolo 25
      Jim Gervase 19
      Celia Maita 6
      Jenny Maita 4
      **************************************

      [ This is a possiblility for James' marriage info - the age could be plausible]

      Name: James Maita
      Marriage Date: 7 May 1949
      Spouse: Alice
      Marriage Location: Cook County, IL
      Marriage license: {68F52A3C-4983-479D-B7EB-E954CBBAA8F9}
      File number: 2080936
      Archive collection name: Cook County Genealogy Records (Marriages)
      Archive repository location: Chicago, IL
      Archive repository name: Cook County Clerk

      Perhaps you should get the copies of the birth and marriage certificates to verify
      this James as the one you are looking for, and that would get you info regarding his parentage.
      You could also subscribe (even on a free trial offer for a short time) to Ancestry .com to check out their databases.
      Happy hunting,
      Sharon