Re: Shetterly family in Indiana

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2009
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <susietaco@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I really need some help. I have exhusted all resources I have maybe someone with Ancestry.com could see if they find anything. My grandmother was Nellie Mae Shetterly born Aug.05,1898 Hamilton County, Indiana. I believe her father to be Elmer Shetterly Born May 1874 possibly in Madison County, Ind. I just need proof that Elmer is her father, her mother was Lillie Boggs. I am just not finding any charts that show Elmer and Lillie and their children.
      > Nellie married Edward Newby approx 1915 or 16. They hade one child Mary Elizabeth born Jan. 23 or 24 1916 in Hamilton County, Ind. Nellie died in 1919 in Hamilton County and I can't even find her obit. Please someone out there Help! Thanks, Julie

      Julie, This is what I found on Ancestry

      1900 United States Federal Census about Nellie M Shetterly
      Name: Nellie M Shetterly
      Home in 1900: Jackson, Madison, Indiana
      Age: 1
      Birth Date: Aug 1898
      Birthplace: Indiana
      Race: White
      Ethnicity: American
      Gender: Female
      Relationship to head-of-house: Daughter
      Father's Name: Elmer
      Father's Birthplace: Indiana
      Mother's Name: Anna M
      Mother's Birthplace: Indiana
      Marital Status: Single
      Residence : Jackson Township, Madison, Indiana
      Household Members: Name Age
      Elmer Shetterly
      26
      Anna M Shetterly
      24
      Raymon Shetterly
      3
      Nellie M Shetterly
      1
      Frankie L Shetterly
      8/12

      ******************************
      Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941 about Nellie M Shetterly
      Name: Nellie M Shetterly
      Spouse Name: Edward Newby
      Marriage Date: 25 Aug 1915
      Marriage County: Madison
      Source Title 1: Madison County, Indiana
      Source Title 2: Index to Marriage Record 1880 - 1920 Inclusive Let
      Source Title 3: W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerk's O
      Book: 28
      OS Page: 275
      *********************

      1910 United States Federal Census about Nellie M Shetterley
      Name: Nellie M Shetterley
      Age in 1910: 11
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
      Birthplace: Indiana
      Relation to Head-of-house: Daughter
      Father's Name: Elmer
      Father's Birth Place: Indiana
      Mother's Name: Anna
      Mother's Birth Place: Indiana
      Home in 1910: Jackson, Madison, Indiana
      Marital Status: Single
      Race: White
      Gender: Female
      Household Members: Name Age
      Elmer Shetterley
      36
      Anna Shetterley
      34
      Raymond Shetterley
      12
      Nellie M Shetterley
      11
      Frank Shetterley
      10
      Clifford Shetterley
      9
      Berley Shetterley
      7

      [note: this census showed Elmer & Anna married for 13 years and Anna had 5 childern and all 5 living. Elmer's occupation was Farmer]

      Hope this helps!
      Sharon