criminal & missing person search update - new files added

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 10 , May 20, 2009
      [forgive crossposts please]
      Just wanted to let ya'll know I have just added over 850 criminal wanted posters, mug shot/Bertillon records and missing person posters to my archive. Most all of us have a missing relative who mysteriously disappeared for a number of years and then turns up again or one who is never heard from again. If you'd like me to search a name for you (no cost, just my way of "paying it forward") e-mail me OFF LIST.....I may have Qs and do not want the board filled with our idle chit chat ~ Sunny
      Previous offer:
      I have access to a large amount of prison info including mug shots/Bertillon records (1,770), wanted posters (abt 500), convict etc (8,728), a few court records and FBI items on my PC making them searchable on my PC. Other archives I have are (but not limited to) are insane asylums, state hospitals, prisons, jails, alms/poor/work houses, convict camps, convict ships etc covering all dates (mostly 1600s-1900s), many countries and all US states & possessions.

      If you'd like me to look someone up for you, email me here circa_1948 @ hotmail .com (close spaces) with any/all of the following if you know it:

      1- subject's birth-death dates.
      2- full name & any AKAs or nicknames.
      3- what the crime was.
      4- where subject was incarcerated (prison & city/state).
      5- where the crime happened.if diff from #3.
      6- date crime happened.
      7- incarceration dates.
      if this info is not known just a name can work. Keep it brief at first and if I need more I'll email you and ask.

    • Daren and Debby The Post Falls Family
      Message 2 of 10 , May 20, 2009
        hi,

        Did you try Ross Frank Carlson is jail??? we can't find anything on him so maybe jail??????? lol

        The Carlson Family
        Daren, Debby, Aren & Aidan

        We are looking for two family members
        we just heard about and hope to find them
        Robert William Carlson DOB 3-17-1971
        Ross Frank Carlson 4-16-1974
        Mother is Shirley Searway.
        Last known location Oakland, Ca. in the 70's

        Any information on these two men will help us. Thank you

        New group started! Just go to Yahoo then go to Yahoo groups.
        Put in postfallsfreecycle@... and join or
        I can send you invite.

        Another fun group you can join is postfallsfreecyclecafe@...

        Message 3 of 10 , May 21, 2009
          Hi!  Interesting collection of resources!
          A few years ago I found a great grandmother in the 1910 census at the Northern Michigan Asylum in Traverse City, MI, and in 1920 also, but the name had been changed to the Traverse City State Hospital.  I remember being told once that she, Emma Jane (Uebele) Moray (or Morey, depending!) (born 1875 IN), had died of renal TB when her daughter, my grandmother (1904-1985), was a young girl ... apparently my mother was 'mistaken'?  Emma Jane passed away in 1929 at the hospital, her death cert shows 'lobar pneumonia'.  I contacted the State to see if there was any info about there being TB patients at that hospital, but was told that people admitted were only psych patients and files were sealed.  I was wondering how much detail you might have in your files?
          Thanx for listening!
          Mary

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , May 21, 2009
            when i search i search all my archives at once.
            they r not deparate dinto insitutions etc. all prison asylim, jail, work camp, mug shots etc etc are all searched at once.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 22, 2009
              I had asked the same thing once about a relative of mine.
              What I was told was, back in those days, they didn't know how to control and did not want to infect patients and visiting family members, so the only other option to address someone with TB back then was to place them in asylums because those patients did not have many visitors and would most likely died early deaths as the TB patient had a 50/50 chance in those days for recovery.

              Rick

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              Message 6 of 10 , May 22, 2009
                Hi Rick!
                Yea, I figure it was something like that, or maybe mis-diagnosed post-partum or something ... they didn't know back then what they do today, though several of us in my family have small signs of OCD - LOL!
                Anyway, thanx!
                Mary

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , May 22, 2009
                  I am convinced a lot were mis diagnosed having no other reference to go by.
                  I.e. pneumonia, asthma etc. I think that is why some ppl got a lot better moving west out of humid climates to arid ones.
                  It did it for me when I had asthma symptoms (died twice) in the Midwest, I moved to Nevada and threw away the meds and never needed them since (am in Wa state now).
                  There are several institutional records out here online I have gathered over the years that include their medical info including psych.. I believe there may be a time limit that eventually allows it. Just like prison records. one can get anyone's and all kinds of personal medical info is in those. and anyone can get the info-not just family.
                  anyway I will check but will reply in personal email as I don't want to tie up the board with anyQs I may have etc.
                  sunny

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 22, 2009
                      not mistaken necessarily.....there are two types of TB (called "consumption" in the old days)
                      ..
                      Primary tuberculosis pneumonia
                      This uncommon type of TB presents as pneumonia and is very infectious. Patients have a high fever and productive cough. It occurs most often in extremely young children and the elderly. It is also seen in patients with immunosuppression, such as HIV-infected and AIDS patients, and in patients on long term corticosteroid therapy.

                      and

                      Tuberculosis pleurisy
                      This usually develops soon after initial infection. A granuloma located at the edge of the lung ruptures into the pleural space, the space between the lungs and the chest wall. Usually, a couple of tablespoons of fluid can be found in the pleural space. Once the bacteria invade the space, the amount of fluid increases dramatically and compresses the lung, causing shortness of breath (dyspnea) and sharp chest pain that worsens with a deep breath (pleurisy). A chest x-ray shows significant amounts of fluid. Mild- or low-grade fever commonly is present. Tuberculosis pleurisy generally resolves without treatment; however, two-thirds of patients with tuberculosis pleurisy develop active pulmonary TB within 5 years.

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 23, 2009
                        Thanx!!!
                        Mary