Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Fern Leroy Smith Ohio?

  • Tracy Linton
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2009
      Thank you!

      -------Original Message-------

      From: Sharon
      Date: 5/9/2009 6:38:37 PM
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Fern Leroy Smith Ohio?

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Linton" <sassylassy1@..
      > wrote:
      >
      > Sorry, where do I request the copy at?
      >
      > Tracy

      If you have and ancestry.com subscription, you can generate the request
      application from the search result.

      [A standard letter to the Social Security Administration is available with
      the search results on the Ancestry.com Social Security Death Index. This
      letter may be printed and mailed to the Social Security Administration to
      request a copy of your ancestor's SS-5 form. The Social Security
      Administration now charges $27.00 for each individual copy (an abbreviated
      NUMIDENT printout is available for $16.00). ]

      The generated application looks like this:

      Social Security Administration
      Office of Earnings Operations
      FOIA Workgroup
      300 N. Greene Street
      P.O. Box 33022
      Baltimore, Maryland 21290
      Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

      Dear Freedom of Information Officer,

      I am writing this request under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C.
      Section 552. I hereby request a copy of the SS-5, Application for Social
      Security Card, or a corresponding NUMIDENT printout (see below) for the
      following individual:

      Smith, Fern
      280-12-2855
      Birth: 23 Nov 1911
      Death: May 1976

      This individual is deceased, having been listed in the Social Security
      Administration's Death Master File. I understand the fee for this service is
      $27 for copy of original SS-5 application OR $16 for copy of an abbreviated
      NUMIDENT printout when the Social Security Number is provided. I am
      requesting a (circle one: SS-5 copy OR Numident printout) Included is a
      check for $______ made out to the Social Security Administration to cover
      any administrative costs required by this request.

      Please respond to my request upon receipt of this initial correspondence.
      Thank you for your attention and assistance.

      Sincerely,

      Address:

      Daytime Phone Number:

      Hope this helps!