New to Group-Hello to All/Need Lookup

  • raindrops16125
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      Hello Group,
      I am researching in Westmoreland County and Indiana County, Pa. mostly at this time.
      My Surnames; Fulton, Brank, Wissinger, Lowry to mention a few. If anyone else out there is researchig these names please feel free to give me a shout.

      I joined the group as i am looking for WWII Draft Registration Card for my Grandfather John Albert Fulton b. 6 Aug 1922 Indiana County, Pa. d. 28 Oct 1957 Bell Twp., Westmoreland County, Pa. (I would think he would have signed up in one of these counties mentioned.)He is buried in Avonmore, Westmoreland County, Pa.
      In 1943 he married Elizabeth Josephine Brank 1924-1957. She is buried in Saltsburg,Indiana COunty, Pa.

      Thanks,
      JL
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        HI-
        I found this-could be him?
        U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946

        Name:
        John B Fulton

        Birth Year:
        1922

        Race:
        White, citizen (White)

        Nativity State or Country:
        Pennsylvania

        State of Residence:
        Pennsylvania

        County or City:
        Washington

        Enlistment Date:

        Enlistment State:
        Pennsylvania

        Enlistment City:
        Pittsburgh

        Branch:
        Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

        Branch Code:
        Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

        Grade:
        Private

        Grade Code:
        Private

        Term of Enlistment:
        Enlistment
        for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months,
        subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to
        law

        Component:
        Selectees (Enlisted Men)

        Source: