Needing Understanding Please

  • Micki
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      Have a question that I don't quit understand the information I found. Would like to know if anyone can help out.

      Jacobine Riepkes born abt 1798, Looking for parents. What I found was Ilje Margaretha Claasen born abt 1764 died Dec 1, 1842 in Barstede, Germany (possible mother) married Riepke Gerds born 12 11 1766 int Barstede, Germany. Since the last name is Gerds instead of Riepkes I wouldn't think this information was correct. But I ran across this.

      MARRIAGE: Riepke Gerdes, because. Gerd Riepkes, house man to Barstede, son, and Itje Margaretha, Class Folkers, house man to new village, daughter. Could this mean that he reversed his name when the married?

      Then it goes on to his father and mothr as Gerd Riepkes & Jacobine Raveling

      The above was all there was no more information. Thank you

      Micki