Update on Missing child/adoption question

  • xdaysofyouthx
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2009
      Last month I posted a question about a half sister of my grandmothers that no one except her (apparently) knew about until my brother and I found a baptism record for the baby. There was no adoption like we had originally thought, since there seemed to be no death cert. with the state for her within 2 years of her birth (1917). We assumed she had died before 1919 since my grandmother was named the same name, Wladaslawa.
      We went to the church and asked to see death records for 1917-1919 and we found her! She lived for 2 months, 7 days. Luckily the death record had the fathers first name, the baptism just said "ow" (out of wedlock).
      We then ran to the cemetery, which had no record but we eventually found her listed under the fathers last name! I swear our ancestors made things intentionally difficult to find later on.
      So now I am wondering whatever happened to Franciscus Kot, the father. 4 months after the baby died my great grandmother married my great grandfather, who is not Franciscus!
      I just wanted to give anyone who tried to help an update on the mystery. Thanks again for everything!