RE: [Genealogy Research Club] RE: Military Search

  • Julie Rittacco
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 26, 2009
      Hello, looking to prove military records for Benjamin Harris born from Belbec, Jay Co., In. Is said to have been in the Civil war, union side. His date of irth Feb, 07,1835. And Edward Newby from Hamiltion Co,In born Feb.09,1892 said to have been in WW1 fought in France. Thank you in avance for any help with these 2 ancestors. Julia susietaco@...

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: bingo_mom_1@...
      Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:03:42 -0700
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] RE: Military Search

      Hi,I have an account on Ancestry.com and would be willing to look-up on the site for the records for you.Let me know, I would be glad to check to see what I can find. I have found records for different members of my family.Sue

      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 27, 2009
        Hi,Here's what I found for Edward Newby: US Army, Register of Enlistments, 17998-1914Register No.: 3Enlisted: April 27, 1911Where: Col. Brks. O.By Whom: Capt. Kuboroma(hard to read)Town or County Where Born: Cicero, IndAge: 19Occupation: FarmerBrown Eyes, Lt Brown Hair, Fair Complexion5' 8 1/4" tall11th Infantry, Co. GRemarks: Disch. April 26, 1914, at Texas City, Texas, Exp serv, Pvt., Exct., H & F
        World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918Registration Card No.: 19Name in Full: Edward Newby    Age: 25Address: Toulon, IllDate of Birth: 9 Feb. 1892Natural BornPlace of Birth: Cicero, Ind.Occupation: Farm Hand for Fred HotckissSingle, CauscasinPrivate in InfantryMedium Height, Medium Complexion, Grey Eyes, Dark Brown HairDate: June 5, 1917
        Does Benjamin have a middle name?  I will continue to look for info on him.Good Luck,Sue

        From: bingo_mom_1@ yahoo.com

        Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:03:42 -0700

        From: swworks@sbcglobal. net <swworks@sbcglobal. net>

        To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com

        Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 7:20 AM

        --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, R Pete <r218pete@.. .> wrote:

        > Thank you for your offer, will keep it in mind

        > Have the very best day possible. Dick Peterson

        > --- On Tue, 4/21/09, Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ ...> wrote:

        > From: Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ ...>

        > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Good Morning, and hello to all. Have the best day possible

        > To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com

        > Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 6:15 PM

        > Richard,

        > Members of DAR and those types of organizations have access to search military records.

        > I didn't join, but a cousin did. It's likely someone on here is a member, and will be nice enough to search it (I don't know if they are as recent as WWII)...but if you don't get an offer of help, I can ask my cousin.

        > Good Luck,

        > Mechelle

        > --- On Tue, 4/21/09, Pop Pete from Glenmont, NY <r218pete@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > From: Pop Pete from Glenmont, NY <r218pete@yahoo. com>

        > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Good Morning, and hello to all. Have the best day possible

        > To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com

        > Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 6:13 AM

        > I have started my genealogy searches again after a long time being away. I am trying to locate info about my wife's brother who was in the 2nd world war, in the navy. He lived in Schenectady, NY and was born on or about 12/2/1927. I have not found a search page that doesn't require a person to join. As this will probably be the only military search, I hate to spend it on just one search. Is there any government websites that one can search? Thank you in advance for any help in this matter. Richard Peterson

        http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Mobile2_ 042009

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 27, 2009
          WW1 Draft record Edward Newby:
          Name: Edward Newby
          County: Stark
          State: Illinois
          Birthplace: Indiana;United States of America
          Birth Date: 9 Feb 1892
          Race: Caucasian (White)
          Roll: 1642742
          DraftBoard: 0

          >sent you linki to copy at Ancrestry
        • Julie Rittacco
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 27, 2009
            THANK YOU so much for the info and link. Wow, this was the proof I needed that he indeed was in WW1. Thanks again, Julie

            To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: mccgram@...
            Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 00:03:14 +0000