Jacob Buter 1812/20 and Mary Sims 1814/25 Ohio

  • Margie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2009
      I was hoping someone might be able to help me with the parents of these people. Jacob Butler was born in OH according to 1860 and 1870 and in VA in the 1850 Census of Cass Co. IN. The years of birth are different on every record. LDS says they were married in Pickaway Co. OH on January 18, 1844 but Pickaway says they don't have the record. Mary Sims (on one record it was Syms) was born in OH on all records and states her parents were born in PA on the 1900 Census. They lived in Ohio until, at least 1845 and then moved to Cass Co. IN 1846-1855 and then to Vermilion Co. IL 1856 until Jacob died in 1876 and Mary died in 1906.

      Jacob's online death/funeral record says his father's name was Henry and his father died when he was 58y 17d...but his father was not in Illinois so the record could very well be wrong. There are no clues in the death/funeral record as to Mary Sims parents or family.

      I found a Henry Butler in Fairfield OH 1830 but he is too young to have been Jacob's father. There was a Samuel Sims also in Fairfield Co. in 1830. Can anyone help me with this puzzle?

      Thank you so very much
      Margie