Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Myers,Banks,Bradley, Turner, Stutton, Bowman, Blackburn, and more.. Roger Mills/Beckman Co Ok

  • Ginger Banks
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 1:38 PM
      I am curious to know if the Banks line you are tracing is Caucasion or African American? My children are biracial, their dad was African American, and his last name was Banks. I have limited info on that side of the family, I can go back three generations. So, if we are connected in anyway, I'd love to know.

      Also, this is interesting. Last year I met an older caucasion man in Kane, PA who's name was David Banks. When I commented on the fact we shared the same last name and that I was doing the family tree, he told me that a relative of his had traced the Banks name back to MO, to a man who was a plantation owner or overseer of slaves. I have no way to contact this guy, it was a chance meeting, but I thought that might interest you since you are looking in MO. I'm thinking he must be the plantation owner, since the slaves, upon receiving freedom, adopted the Banks name.

      Ginger Banks