Desperate help needed from Texas - Pruitt-Folsom

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
      Hello all,I have been looking for the parents of Mary Jane Celeste Folsom-Peters for so many years I have lost count.

      Mary was born in Corpus Christi, TX in Oct 1875. Died in California, at Patton State Hospital.

      Her mother was Anne Pruitt, born in TX. Any other information unknown.

      Her father was Charles F.( Fredrick,I think) Folsom, born in Maine,abt 1853? Death date and location unknown.

      Married John Wessley Peters, date and place unknown. He was born April 1872 in Indiana. 1st child born in Bowie Co., Texas, 1893.

      The family was Catholic so I don't know if there is a church with old enough records for baptism information.

      If anyone can find any information I would be very grateful, thank you, Barb

    • Mechelle Wallace
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2009
        Hi Barb,

        Just a comment, (wish I could be of more help), Patton State Hospital is a Psychiatric facility (sometimes for the criminally insane).  When a person pleads not guilty, by reason of insanity, they are sent to a place like Patton, until they are mentally healthy enough to stand trail.

        Good Luck...

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
          In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson berickson49@... wrote: <SNIP>
          ...looking for the parents of Mary Jane Celeste Folsom-Peters
          Mary was born in Corpus Christi, TX in Oct 1875. Died in California, at Patton State Hospital.
          Her mother was Anne Pruitt, born in TX.
          Her father was Charles F.( Fredrick,I think) Folsom, born in Maine,abt 1853? ...
          ==========================
          Barb,

          All held at your local FHC.
          Bob
          -------------------
          This appear to be he mrg data:
          FOLSOME, Frederick
          Marriage
          Wife: Annie PRUITT
          Marriage Date: 02 Oct 1870
          Recorded in: Harris, Texas
          Source: FHL Number 25223
          Dates: 1865-1872
          -----------------

          Maybe a connection same time frame:

          FOLSOM, Martha Jane
          Birth
          Sex: Female
          Birth Date: 29 Sep 1853
          Recorded in: Civil Records for Jefferson, Lincoln, Maine
          Father: Jacob FOLSOM
          Mother: Susan KINCAID
          Source: FHL Number 11036
          Dates: 1875-1875
          -----------------------------
        • mccgram
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
            Name: Charles F Folsom
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1852
            Age in 1870: 18
            Birthplace: Maine
            Home in 1870: Cornville, Somerset, Maine
            Race: White
            Gender: Male
            Value of real estate: View Image
            Post Office: Skowhegan