Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Joining Group

  • Linnea Sargent
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11 6:25 AM
      Your Davis family, any in Wallhalla? Jimmy Davis, related to Medlin and Hembree from Anderson / Greenville SC

      http://dwblogs.com/deborah/category/famil-tree/

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12 2:57 PM
        This is cool to find someone from my neck of the woods so to speak. I currently live in Warner Robins and I have been in the area since 1989. Been doing research since the early 1990's. My main focus is researching my Howell Family on my dad's side and the McDaniel family which is part of the larger Donald clan from my mom's side of the family.

        Roger Howell

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jamesr23@..." <jamesr23@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for letting me join. I live in Macon,Georgia and have been doing research since 1974. I do some research for others as well. I am reseacing Harris, Ledbetter, Hogan, Marlow,Ard, Davis, Garrison, Gibson, Lovinggood just to name a few. Let me hear from you if you need anything from Macon, Georgia. I will see what I can do.
        > Ann

        > Improve your ability to get around with a wheel chair van. Click now!
        > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTD1tVae0grgJOPGITsEQJSCRD0XyPhYdlctQSS2kxrfS3RO6AEokI/

      • Chris sparks
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12 6:18 PM
          This is my Howell Line:   I'm in Blue.

          Descendants of Richard Johnson(stepfather)

          1 Richard Johnson(stepfather)
          +Nancy Howell Johnson
          2 Jeremiah Howell b: 1773 in Lewis, Virginia d: 1824
          +Mary Ann Warner b: 1775 Father: John Warner Mother: Ann Walker
          3 John Howell b: 1790 in Lewis Co.,WV d: 1860 in randolph co.,wv
          +Ann Wilson b: in Braxton Co.,WV Father: Benjamin Wilson Mother: Ann Ruddell
          4 Jeremiah Bell Howell b: May 15, 1827 in Lewis Co.,WV d: May 02, 1848
          +Jane Fisher b: February 04, 1830 in randolph co.,wv Father: Solomon Fisher d: May 24, 1905 in webster Co.,WV Mother: Catharine Clifton
          5 Edith Catherine Howell b: 1857 in Virginia d: 1937
          +William Harrison Gillis b: 1861 Father: James Edward Gillis d: 1943 Mother: Sarah Jane Wiseman
          6 Sarah Jane Gillis b: Abt. 1885
          +Elvin Cogar b: April 06, 1881 Father: Ellis Cogar d: February 1963 Mother: Julie Francinna Kelly
          7 Lena Cogar
          7 Orpha Cogar
          7 Glen Cogar
          7 Oran Cogar
          7 Olin Cogar
          7 Edith Cogar
          7 Joe Cogar
          7 Hazel Ruth Cogar b: May 11, 1914 in Woodbine,WV d: November 1983 in Dixie,WV
          +Chilton Ode Sparks b: September 17, 1914 in Hackers Valley,WV Father: James Sylvester Sparks d: July 1984 in Dixie,WV Mother: Lilly Edna Anderson
          8 Lenore Sparks b: 1936 in Bolair,WV
          +Grant Hughes
          9 Ricky Hughes
          9 Glenna Hughes
          8 Donald Sparks b: 1939 in Dixie,Nicholas Co.,WV
          +Avis
          9 Debbie Sparks
          9 Donna Sparks
          9 Donnie Sparks
          8 Chilton Edwin Sparks b: February 17, 1937 in Bolair,WV
          +Sandra Cleo Childers b: September 30, 1943 Father: Carl Hugheston Childers Mother: Helen Janese Taylor m: May 14, 1959 in Maryland
          9 Cynthia Christine Sparks b: January 04, 1960 in Gauley Bridge,WV,
          10 Jeremy Edwin Gray b: October 31, 1976
          +Elizabeth Hall
          11 Zachary Gray
          10 Melinda Jane Hanshaw b: March 13, 1984
          11 Cameron Perry b: January 02, 2005
          9 Sandra E. Sparks b: August 05, 1961
          9 Edwina Sparks b: February 19, 1963
          +Jerald Flare
          10 Joshua Flare
          10 Jessica Flare
          9 Sarah Sparks b: May 25, 1968

          Second Howell Line:

          Descendants of Thomas Howell

          1 Thomas Howell b: 1612 in England
          2 Thomas/Evan Howell b: 1638 in Harleston, Staffordshire, England
          +Katherine Thomas b: 1640 in Farnsworth, Warwick, England
          3 Catherine Howell b: 1668
          +James Robinson
          4 James Robinson b: 1690 in Broadway, Rockingham Co, VA
          +Mary Davies b: 1698
          5 David ROBINSON b: 1728 in Rockingham Co. Va
          +Dorcas MOORE b: 1730 in Prince George's Co., MD Father: Riley MOORE Mother: Sarah HOLLAND
          6 David ROBINSON b: 1750 in Virginia d: 1783 in Rockingham Co., VA
          +Maria Susannah HUNTER b: in Plum Run, Washington Co., MD Father: John HUNTER Sr. Mother: Barbara "Barbie" BOWMAN
          7 James Robinson b: 1772 in VA d: 1831 in Nicholas Co.,Va.
          +Elizabeth LeMasters b: 1780 in Greenbrier Co.,Va. Father: Benjamin LeMasters d: 1832 Mother: Rebecca Martin m: 1798 in Greenbrier Co.,WV
          8 Elizabeth Robinson b: 1818 in Greenbrier Co., VA
          +James Edward Sparks,Jr. b: 1814 in Nicholas Co., WV Father: James Edward Sparks,Sr. d: 1870 in Nicholas Co., WV Mother: Mary "Polly" Boggs m: 1835
          9 Uriah Robert Sparks b: 1837 in Nicholas County,West Virginia
          +Jane C. MORRIS b: 1839 in Nicholas County,West Virginia Father: Henry MORRIS Mother: Mary D. Bird m: August 05, 1859 in Nicholas Co.,WV
          10 James Henry Sparks b: 1861 in Nicholas Co., (West) Virginia d: 1953 in Richwood, West Virginia
          +Nancy Oxier b: May 18, 1870 in nicholas co.,wv. Father: lewis oxier d: June 29, 1953 in Cowan, Webster County, West Virginia Mother: christiana coleman
          11 James Sylvester Sparks b: December 02, 1889 in Nicholas County, Virginia d: September 18, 1953 in Richwood, Beaver District, Nicholas County, West Virginia.
          +Lilly Edna Anderson b: 1895 Father: Robert Daniel Anderson Mother: nancy susan pugh
          12 Waymon Sparks
          12 Joanne Sparks
          12 Virginia Sparks
          12 Audra Sparks
          12 Denver Sparks d: January 2006
          12 Wilda Sparks
          12 James Sparks
          12 Chilton Ode Sparks b: September 17, 1914 in Hackers Valley,WV d: July 1984 in Dixie,WV
          +Hazel Ruth Cogar b: May 11, 1914 in Woodbine,WV Father: Elvin Cogar d: November 1983 in Dixie,WV Mother: Sarah Jane Gillis
          13 Lenore Sparks b: 1936 in Bolair,WV
          +Grant Hughes
          14 Ricky Hughes
          14 Glenna Hughes
          13 Donald Sparks b: 1939 in Dixie,Nicholas Co.,WV
          +Avis
          14 Debbie Sparks
          14 Donna Sparks
          14 Donnie Sparks
          13 Chilton Edwin Sparks b: February 17, 1937 in Bolair,WV
          +Sandra Cleo Childers b: September 30, 1943 Father: Carl Hugheston Childers Mother: Helen Janese Taylor m: May 14, 1959 in Maryland
          14 Cynthia Christine Sparks b: January 04, 1960 in Gauley Bridge,WV,
          15 Jeremy Edwin Gray b: October 31, 1976
          +Elizabeth Hall
          16 Zachary Gray
          15 Melinda Jane Hanshaw b: March 13, 1984
          16 Cameron Perry b: January 02, 2005
          14 Sandra E. Sparks b: August 05, 1961
          14 Edwina Sparks b: February 19, 1963
          +Jerald Flare
          15 Joshua Flare
          15 Jessica Flare
          14 Sarah Sparks b: May 25, 1968
          10 Mary Elizabeth Sparks b: 1864
          10 Benjamin Lee "Bing" Sparks b: 1865
          10 Uriah Robinson Sparks b: 1868
          10 John W. Sparks b: 1871
          10 Catherine Sparks b: 1873
          10 Norman R. Sparks b: 1875
          10 Synthia J. Sparks b: 1878
          10 Julia A. Sparks b: 1882
          9 William M. Sparks b: 1839
          9 MaryJane Sparks b: 1844
          9 John Collison Sparks b: 1846
          9 Cynthia Elizabeth Sparks b: 1848
          9 Delilah Ann Sparks b: 1850
          9 Noah Franklin Sparks b: 1852
          9 Marmion Rush Hereford Sparks b: 1854
          +Nettie Robinson
          9 Rebecca Jane Sparks b: 1856
          9 Nancy Cathan Sparks b: 1858
          +Uriah Cottle Sparks
          9 Melvina Hamilton Sparks b: 1861
          +Clark L.P. Sparks
          9 Dianne Morris Sparks
          9 Cleveland Sparks b: 1835
          +Rachel McCoy
          9 James Benjamin Sparks b: 1840
          9 Isaac Francis Sparks b: 1842
          9 David Sparks b: 1849

          This is cool to find someone from my neck of the woods so to speak. I currently live in Warner Robins and I have been in the area since 1989. Been doing research since the early 1990's. My main focus is researching my Howell Family on my dad's side and the McDaniel family which is part of the larger Donald clan from my mom's side of the family.

          Roger Howell

          --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, "jamesr23@.. ." <jamesr23@.. .> wrote:

          > Thanks for letting me join. I live in Macon,Georgia and have been doing research since 1974. I do some research for others as well. I am reseacing Harris, Ledbetter, Hogan, Marlow,Ard, Davis, Garrison, Gibson, Lovinggood just to name a few. Let me hear from you if you need anything from Macon, Georgia. I will see what I can do.
          > Ann

          > Improve your ability to get around with a wheel chair van. Click now!
          > http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/BLSrjpTD1tVae 0grgJOPGITsEQJSC RD0XyPhYdlctQSS2 kxrfS3RO6AEokI/

        • Julie Rittacco
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26 10:59 PM
            Ann, what states are you researching for Harris? I am searching NC,Ohio,Ind. and So Wales, Julie

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 27 2:19 PM
              Hello Julie,
              I am always just looking. Truth is my line is run back to 1774. I had some help from relatives, not all my work but I always verify what I have when I am not working on a tree for someone else. What Harris lines are you interested in? Ours were i Montfords' Cove North Carolina coming from Virginia by way of Issac. I have other information but have not put it in my computor as yet. Just got of work at the Forrest Service so let me hear from you I will get back to you after my nap.
              Ann

              Get a life insurance quote online. Click to compare rates and save.
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTQcxKbvAF1U3Tg27s2QPIUYqDoMZ7R29n2N5LvV7l8RVrqsJlAJCw/
            • Julie Rittacco
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 27 4:10 PM
                Ann, this is what I have so far.

                I have hit such a brickwall and a hugh gap. My Great Grandfather was Albert Wellington Harris Born Aug 1868 Balbec,Jay Co, Ind
                Died March 20,1922 in Oklahoma his father
                Benjamin Harris Born Feb.07,1835 Columbiana Co.,Ohio
                married Sarah McDorman Jan.31,1864 Jay Co., In
                Died Feb 14,1917 Jay Co.,In He was in Civil War
                Now his father was Benjamin Harris B.1788 in North Carolina
                D. Aft 1870 in probably wells County
                His father was Thomas Harris B. before 1775 in N.C. I can't seems to find proof of most of this.
                And here's where it get good.
                I was told by my father that before I was born. His father( Edgar Harris B.Jan.24,1894 in Belbec Ind and died Oct. 07,1967 In Anderson,In) had received a letter from whom I don't know. That my grandfather was entitled to be a baron. Being an old farmer and factory worker I am sure just laughted it off. But there were notes in our family reunion books about this letter. But no ones knows what happened to the letter. It also stated that there was a Harris castle and we came from So. Wales. These are caucasians. Thank You Ann

                http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Storage2_042009