Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Question on finding a living person

  • rwe
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2009
      Hey Tara

      If you know her SSIN, you can go to rootsweb.com to see if she has passed. Her SSIN will always remain the same.
      If you know her married name, try zabasearch.com it is a great search engine.
      Let us know what information that you do have on her and maybe some of us can throw you some other searching tips we have.

      Rick

      BTW, let us know how it all comes out in the end. I enjoy mysteries. I finally broke my 100 yr old family brickwall with very little info and changed family names as well. My grandmother was taken by her mother and returned to a different state as well as changed her name. My g.grandfather eventually changed his name as well.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2009
          Tara:

          You might try the Social Security Death Index as a start and play a little
          bit with whatever last name you might have. It will also give you the date of
          birth and where the card was issued and you can start with that as an
          identifier. If she did pass away it will tell you the state where the last check was
          issued and you can go from there.

          Good luck and good hunting.

          Ina Getzoff
          _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)

          **************New Deals on Dell Netbooks – Now starting at $299 (A
          HREF=http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219939010x1201342897/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fa
          d.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213771626%3B35379597%3Bw)