Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Question on finding a living person

  • rwe
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7 6:31 PM
      Hey Tara

      If you know her SSIN, you can go to rootsweb.com to see if she has passed. Her SSIN will always remain the same.
      If you know her married name, try zabasearch.com it is a great search engine.
      Let us know what information that you do have on her and maybe some of us can throw you some other searching tips we have.

      Rick

      BTW, let us know how it all comes out in the end. I enjoy mysteries. I finally broke my 100 yr old family brickwall with very little info and changed family names as well. My grandmother was taken by her mother and returned to a different state as well as changed her name. My g.grandfather eventually changed his name as well.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7 6:38 PM
        If you know the last name you can try   www.zabasearch.com

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7 9:34 PM
          Cousin Connect has message boards for living people attempting to locate birth mother's etc. You can post a query there, or try zabasearch with her new married name.

          Mechelle

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8 12:28 PM
            and remember not ALL qualifying deceased are listed in the SS death index.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 8 3:11 PM
              Tara:

              You might try the Social Security Death Index as a start and play a little
              bit with whatever last name you might have. It will also give you the date of
              birth and where the card was issued and you can start with that as an
              identifier. If she did pass away it will tell you the state where the last check was
              issued and you can go from there.

              Good luck and good hunting.

              Ina Getzoff
              _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)

              **************New Deals on Dell Netbooks – Now starting at $299 (A
              HREF=http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219939010x1201342897/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fa
              d.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213771626%3B35379597%3Bw)