Re: [Genealogy Research Club] information on relatives who came from mexico

  • ck4evr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
      I have found Mexico Genealogy can be tricky. These things have helped me.

      Kathleen

      Catholic Archives

      Mexican Parish’s

      Mexican Civil Registrars

      Gary Felix’s web site- a ton of info, links and coat of arms plus DNA info

      Naturalization and Immigration records

      US Labor Manafests

      Family History Library in Salt Lake has  good research and a downloadable outline called 36342_Mexico

      There is Mexico Census on line

      Try the “Seabury Papers”

      South Texas Archives has a large Hispanic data base

      Look for Ranchero Maps for births and deaths.

      Download a spanish translator

      Get maps of every period in Mexico as the borders can change with the USA several times within a few years.