information on relatives who came from mexico

  • shaylalasmom
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
      I have been trying to research my grandparents sides of the family but i only have ancestry u.s. and that doesnt give me info on crossing over to CA from mexico. I really would like to find out when eliza ordunez gonzales and manuel gonzales crossed over

      Here is what i know

      my grandpa's parents were Eliza or elisa gonzales her maiden name was Ordunez and she was born in 1895 possibly in Chihuahua mexico she married Manuel Gonzales born in 1876 possibly in Juarez mexico they later moved to colton california and had several children whose names are as follows. the first two names were printed wrong and i have put the correct spelling(they are stated lamasa and leadoro)

      Tamasa gonzales (1912 or 1913)
      Teadoro (ted) gonzales (1915)
      Patrick gonzales (1917)
      Melchiorre (Mel) gonzales (1919 or 1920)
      Concha (chon) gonzales (1922)
      Sernua(fermin) gonzales (1926)
      Johnny gonzales 1928
      Jesuita gonzales 1930
    • ck4evr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
        I have found Mexico Genealogy can be tricky. These things have helped me.

        Kathleen

        Catholic Archives

        Mexican Parish’s

        Mexican Civil Registrars

        Gary Felix’s web site- a ton of info, links and coat of arms plus DNA info

        Naturalization and Immigration records

        US Labor Manafests

        Family History Library in Salt Lake has  good research and a downloadable outline called 36342_Mexico

        There is Mexico Census on line

        Try the “Seabury Papers”

        South Texas Archives has a large Hispanic data base

        Look for Ranchero Maps for births and deaths.

        Download a spanish translator

        Get maps of every period in Mexico as the borders can change with the USA several times within a few years.