Re: [Genealogy Research Club] I have many questions

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 3:49 PM
      Good luck with your quest in finding your family heritage. It can be a VERY ADDICTING hobby!
      The best way is to start with yourself and work backwards. Be sure to document you records as best as you can. Where you got the info, copies of the documents (birth, death, marriage, school records, and census records,etc.) The best way is to try to get as much as possible for each person/family as you can at the time you are researching them, and to go about it in a somewhat orderly manner. Most genealogists will tell you to work BACKWARDS in time - from the most current facts of each person back ( ie: death/burial, marriage, schools, birth, etc).
      There are many excellent FREE "how to" articles on genealogy research methods on the internet - Many "Pay" sites still have free areas you can check.
    • Carol Dimer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6 10:03 AM
        My favorite free site is www.rootsweb.com
        You can find a lot of sites at Cyndi's List

        Carol