Espinoza family tree

  • com_smart7079
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
      I'm doing a family tree on my last name Espinoza is there any way to find out how far my name goes back and were it came from and the meaning and how accuate is the info. family members say our blood line came from spain.If that helps any. I would really like to get as much info as i can. Let me give you a big THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!

      ps. I'm new to this group.
      Thanks,FUTURE
    • mg
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2009
        It seems to me that I worked with someone with that name and she was an Eskanazi? Jew with ancestors from Spain I believe.  You might check along those lines.  mg

        I'm doing a family tree on my last name Espinoza is there any way to find out how far my name goes back and were it came from and the meaning and how accuate is the info. family members say our blood line came from spain.If that helps any. I would really like to get as much info as i can. Let me give you a big THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!

        ps. I'm new to this group.
        Thanks,FUTURE

      • evelynnegoldman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
          Can I put in my few penceworth here? Spinoza sounds like a Spanish/Portuguese Jewish name (Sephardi) not an Askenazi name which comes from Russia, Poland etc. If you google Jewish Spinoza you may get more details. - Evelynne Goldman researching Rifkind family from Grodno.