Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Look Up?

  • Mechelle Wallace
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 9, 2009
      Wow! Thank you Dawn!  It's definitely a challenge.....NO databases/family trees have anything for Joseph Cunningham, or Elisabeth.
      There were other Joseph Cunninghams in PA, but they have led to dead ends.  He is not Joseph IV... and almost definitely not related to Hugh Cunningham.
      Family stories say he was Irish, and one account (that didn't quite fit) stated that he raised
      thoroughbred horse (during the Civil War).   I found the Cunninghams to be farmers for at least 4 generations, with the exception of one Blacksmith.

      A good guess would be that Joseph's father's name was Lewis/Louis, that name continued to be passed down.  His son's name was William Lewis, b. 1817, Greene Co. Missouri.
      The had one daughter, Elizabeth C., and possibly a daughter Mosilla.

      Joseph's wife's name Elisabeth, was spelled with an S, on one of the census'.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated,
      Mechelle