Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Look Up?

  • Dawn Bennink
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8 11:35 AM
      Not a lot so far, Mechelle, but I did find an 1850 census in Missouri that
      might be them. I will email it to you directly. One thing about it is that
      there is an M.M. Cunningham living with them, born abt 1834. That somewhat
      backs up the theory of the existence of Martha. Might she be a grandchild?
      You cannot tell from the 1850 census.

      Do you have marriage records for Mosilla and Thomas? I will send you what I
      found just in case you don't.

      Still looking ....

      There is a tree on ancestry.com that looks like this family. It is owned by
      HomerGirl. Is it yours? If not, I'd be happy to help you connect with
      them.

      Dawn

      From: Dawn Bennink <bennink4@...>
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 7:44 PM

      I can find him, Mechelle, but you cannot look at the record in ancestry.com,
      just the transcription. It just says:

      Missouri Census, 1830-70
      about Joseph Cunningham
      Name: Joseph Cunningham
      State: MO
      County: Greene County
      Township: No Township Listed-Tax
      Year: 1833
      Database: MO 1830-1839 Census Index

      If you have a birth year or something else to go on, I'd be happy to poke
      around a bit more.

      Dawn

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8 1:57 PM
        Thank you for all of this good information!  Yes I know of that tree (HomerGirl), the problem is that all information stops with Joseph and Elizabeth.  They are in the 1840, 1850, and 1860 census.  The area where they were, started off as part of Greene Co., then it was split up, and it became Taney Co., finally in 1859 it was named Christian Co.  They were right there, in the same spot, only the county name changed.

        It's likely that Martha was their granddaughter, and a wild shot would be that Mosilla was her mother, without benefit of a marriage?  I have followed Martha, or M.M., she had a child out of wedlock, named Pleasant.  Later Martha married William Jackson, and is found on the farm near the Cunninghams.

        Joseph and Elizabeth, and the details of their children and parents, is what I can seem to find.

        I appreciate any help that I can get,
        Mechelle

        > Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look something
        > up for me?
        >
        > One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
        > Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
        > read what it is.
        >
        > There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
        > valid...
        >
        > I would appreciate the help,
        > Mechelle

      • Dawn Bennink
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8 8:15 PM
          I will keep looking around, Michelle. I love a good challenge. :o)

          Dawn
        • Mechelle Wallace
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9 12:59 PM
            Wow! Thank you Dawn!  It's definitely a challenge.....NO databases/family trees have anything for Joseph Cunningham, or Elisabeth.
            There were other Joseph Cunninghams in PA, but they have led to dead ends.  He is not Joseph IV... and almost definitely not related to Hugh Cunningham.
            Family stories say he was Irish, and one account (that didn't quite fit) stated that he raised
            thoroughbred horse (during the Civil War).   I found the Cunninghams to be farmers for at least 4 generations, with the exception of one Blacksmith.

            A good guess would be that Joseph's father's name was Lewis/Louis, that name continued to be passed down.  His son's name was William Lewis, b. 1817, Greene Co. Missouri.
            The had one daughter, Elizabeth C., and possibly a daughter Mosilla.

            Joseph's wife's name Elisabeth, was spelled with an S, on one of the census'.

            Any help would be greatly appreciated,
            Mechelle