Re: [Genealogy Research Club] trying to find family

  • Dawn Bennink
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8 8:42 AM
      I found this family:

      1920 United States Federal Census
      about Catherine Dvorak
      Name: Catherine Dvorak
      Home in 1920: Minnetonka, Hennepin, Minnesota
      Age: 60 years
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
      Birthplace: Bohemia
      Relation to Head of House: Wife
      Spouse's Name: John F
      Father's Birth Place: Bohemia
      Mother's Name: Elizabeth
      Mother's Birth Place: Bohemia
      Marital Status: Married
      Race: White
      Sex: Female
      Year of Immigration: 1904
      Able to read: Yes
      Able to Write: Yes
      Image: 1025
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Household Members: Name Age
      John F Dvorak 54
      Catherine Dvorak 60
      Charlie J Dvorak 29
      John F Dvorak 17
      Mary Dvorak 22
      Elizabeth Dvorak 83

      I haven't been able to find any immigration papers that match so far, but
      I'm still poking around.

      Dawn
    • Louise
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8 3:50 PM
        There was a famous composer, Andre Dvorak, who stayed with a family named Bily in Spillville, Iowa.

        Never forget that there is always a blue sky and shining sun above the darkest clouds.

        From: greeneyes55117 <greeneyes55117@ yahoo.com>
        Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] trying to find family
        To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 4:13 PM

        i am trying to find information on, john dvorak born 1864 - 1925
        katra dvorak born 1859 - 1940. charles dvorak born 1890 -1979
        frances dvorak born. 1900 1979 all were born in czechoslovakia,
        and all died in minnesota . also would like to know what ship they
        came over on, and any pictures .

        thanks