Re: [Genealogy Research Club] trying to find family

  • Mechelle Wallace
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2009
      This is interesting, I know of a man named Dvorak, and if I'm not mistaken he was from Minnesota or Wisconsin.  Last seen, he was living here in California, and he is in his early 60's....that not a common name.

      Mechelle

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2009
        I found this family:

        1920 United States Federal Census
        about Catherine Dvorak
        Name: Catherine Dvorak
        Home in 1920: Minnetonka, Hennepin, Minnesota
        Age: 60 years
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
        Birthplace: Bohemia
        Relation to Head of House: Wife
        Spouse's Name: John F
        Father's Birth Place: Bohemia
        Mother's Name: Elizabeth
        Mother's Birth Place: Bohemia
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Sex: Female
        Year of Immigration: 1904
        Able to read: Yes
        Able to Write: Yes
        Image: 1025
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        John F Dvorak 54
        Catherine Dvorak 60
        Charlie J Dvorak 29
        John F Dvorak 17
        Mary Dvorak 22
        Elizabeth Dvorak 83

        I haven't been able to find any immigration papers that match so far, but
        I'm still poking around.

        Dawn
      • Louise
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2009
          There was a famous composer, Andre Dvorak, who stayed with a family named Bily in Spillville, Iowa.

          Never forget that there is always a blue sky and shining sun above the darkest clouds.