Look Up?

  • mechelle.wallace
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2009
      Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look something up for me?

      One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County, Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't read what it is.

      There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer valid...

      I would appreciate the help,
      Mechelle
    • Dawn Bennink
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2009
        I can find him, Mechelle, but you cannot look at the record in ancestry.com,
        just the transcription. It just says:

        Missouri Census, 1830-70
        about Joseph Cunningham
        Name: Joseph Cunningham
        State: MO
        County: Greene County
        Township: No Township Listed-Tax
        Year: 1833
        Database: MO 1830-1839 Census Index

        If you have a birth year or something else to go on, I'd be happy to poke
        around a bit more.

        Dawn

        > Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look something
        > up for me?
        >
        > One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
        > Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
        > read what it is.
        >
        > There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
        > valid...
        >
        > I would appreciate the help,
        > Mechelle

      • Diane Krumme
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
          Hi,
          I found this on Ancestry:

          Land record where Joseph CUNNINGHAM

          On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM, mechelle.wallace <mechelle.wallace@...
          > wrote:

          > Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look
          > something up for me?
          >
          > One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
          > Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
          > read what it is.
          >
          > There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
          > valid...
          >
          > I would appreciate the help,
          > Mechelle

        • Diane Krumme
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
            Sorry, hit wrong button,

            Joseph CUNNINGHAM of Calloway County Missouri purchased 80 acres. It is
            dated 11 Feb 1832, but then says signed 1833. It does describe the land.
            They have a copy of the original record, I could not get my computer to copy
            and paste it.
            Diane

            On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Diane Krumme <krummester@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I found this on Ancestry:
            >
            > Land record where Joseph CUNNINGHAM
            >
            > On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM, mechelle.wallace <
            > mechelle.wallace@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look
            >> something up for me?
            >>
            >> One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
            >> Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
            >> read what it is.
            >>
            >> There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
            >> valid...
            >>
            >> I would appreciate the help,
            >> Mechelle

          • Mechelle Wallace
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
              Thank you so much...
              Mechelle

              On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Diane Krumme <krummester@gmail. com> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > I found this on Ancestry:
              >
              > Land record where Joseph CUNNINGHAM
              >
              > On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM, mechelle.wallace <
              > mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              >
              >> Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look
              >> something up for me?
              >>
              >> One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
              >> Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
              >> read what it is.
              >>
              >> There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
              >> valid...
              >>
              >> I would appreciate the help,
              >> Mechelle

            • Mechelle Wallace
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
                That would really be appreciated Dawn, and thank you for looking.
                Joseph was born abt. 1786 in PA.  I don't know where he was before settling in MO.
                His wife's name was Elisabeth/Elizabeth Unknown b. abt 1790 NC.  They had a son William Louis born in 1817, in MO. William married Mary Ann Cook.  I have found a daughter, Elizabeth C. m. Thomas Scaggs in 1836. A possible daughter is Mosilla Cunningham, she married Thomas Cawfield in 1833. I can't find Mosilla and Thomas in the census, but I did find where they lost their farm due to foreclosure.
                They may have had a daughter named Martha, b. abt. 1836-1838.

                That's about all I could find, in the last couple of years.
                Thanks again,
                Mechelle

                > Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look something
                > up for me?
                >
                > One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
                > Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
                > read what it is.
                >
                > There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
                > valid...
                >
                > I would appreciate the help,
                > Mechelle

              • Dawn Bennink
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
                  Not a lot so far, Mechelle, but I did find an 1850 census in Missouri that
                  might be them. I will email it to you directly. One thing about it is that
                  there is an M.M. Cunningham living with them, born abt 1834. That somewhat
                  backs up the theory of the existence of Martha. Might she be a grandchild?
                  You cannot tell from the 1850 census.

                  Do you have marriage records for Mosilla and Thomas? I will send you what I
                  found just in case you don't.

                  Still looking ....

                  There is a tree on ancestry.com that looks like this family. It is owned by
                  HomerGirl. Is it yours? If not, I'd be happy to help you connect with
                  them.

                  Dawn

                  > Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look something
                  > up for me?
                  >
                  > One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
                  > Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
                  > read what it is.
                  >
                  > There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
                  > valid...
                  >
                  > I would appreciate the help,
                  > Mechelle

                • Mechelle Wallace
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
                    Thank you for all of this good information!  Yes I know of that tree (HomerGirl), the problem is that all information stops with Joseph and Elizabeth.  They are in the 1840, 1850, and 1860 census.  The area where they were, started off as part of Greene Co., then it was split up, and it became Taney Co., finally in 1859 it was named Christian Co.  They were right there, in the same spot, only the county name changed.

                    It's likely that Martha was their granddaughter, and a wild shot would be that Mosilla was her mother, without benefit of a marriage?  I have followed Martha, or M.M., she had a child out of wedlock, named Pleasant.  Later Martha married William Jackson, and is found on the farm near the Cunninghams.

                    Joseph and Elizabeth, and the details of their children and parents, is what I can seem to find.

                    I appreciate any help that I can get,
                    Mechelle

                    > Does anyone have Ancestry.Com. and would you be willing to look something
                    > up for me?
                    >
                    > One the Ancestry search, I typed in Joseph Cunningham, Greene County,
                    > Missouri. It is showing there is some information from 1833, and I can't
                    > read what it is.
                    >
                    > There was an 1833 Agriculture Census, but my link to it, is no longer
                    > valid...
                    >
                    > I would appreciate the help,
                    > Mechelle

                  • Dawn Bennink
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 8, 2009
                      I will keep looking around, Michelle. I love a good challenge. :o)

                      Dawn
                    • Mechelle Wallace
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 9, 2009
                        Wow! Thank you Dawn!  It's definitely a challenge.....NO databases/family trees have anything for Joseph Cunningham, or Elisabeth.
                        There were other Joseph Cunninghams in PA, but they have led to dead ends.  He is not Joseph IV... and almost definitely not related to Hugh Cunningham.
                        Family stories say he was Irish, and one account (that didn't quite fit) stated that he raised
                        thoroughbred horse (during the Civil War).   I found the Cunninghams to be farmers for at least 4 generations, with the exception of one Blacksmith.

                        A good guess would be that Joseph's father's name was Lewis/Louis, that name continued to be passed down.  His son's name was William Lewis, b. 1817, Greene Co. Missouri.
                        The had one daughter, Elizabeth C., and possibly a daughter Mosilla.

                        Joseph's wife's name Elisabeth, was spelled with an S, on one of the census'.

                        Any help would be greatly appreciated,
                        Mechelle