Where can surnames be posted?

  • Roots Group
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2009
      Aside from message boards and groups, what other sites offer to post surnames and search for surnames?  I know of RootsWeb world connect, already.  Are there any others?

      Thank you.

    • sheila
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2009
        FamilySearch.com (no cost) allows info as well as names
        Ancestry.com has "others searching for your names

        Just type in Genealogy Sites to your browser & get a list of sites to peruse.
        Asmost every State has a site(i.e.-AL.com) to go to & some allow posts.
        Good luck.

        God Bless you & yours
          Sheila

        Aside from message boards and groups, what other sites offer to post surnames and search for surnames?  I know of RootsWeb world connect, already.  Are there any others?

        Thank you.

      • Mechelle Wallace
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2009
          Rootsweb has a free site for Missouri Pioneers.  I just submitted the census information, and they posted their names, along with my name.  Hopefully, it will help me find fellow researchers, and long lost family.

          Good Luck,
          Mechelle

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26, 2009
            I just thought of another site, that I have used.  genealogy.com has message boards, for either the surname, or the state.
            It's free to post quiries, or see the messages.

            Mechelle