Re:My Alabama Ancestors

  • Tumbelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
      Dolores,

      I have a Amanda/Leila Lawless born 1812 in Georgia married to James Peeler. For a long time I thought her name was Logless or Loggins, but records I have found more recently put her name as Lawless. I do not have parents on her as yet.

      Her daughter Sallie Margaret Peeler was born 1840 in Sawyerville Alabama. Is there a chance related to you?

      I have a dead end in Alabama myself. I have a James Jones born in 1851 in Alabama and died before 1880 in Texas. He was married to Mary Alice Blankenship. I have a lot on the Blankenships, but cannot find Jones at all. They had 4 children at least one grew up with another family so I suspect the mother died young also or gave up her children. James Jones was suppose to have been Cherokee. I find almost nothing on the this family. Anyone out there doing anything with this line.
      Thanks,

      Vicki

      Posted by: "dolores_raines" dolores_raines@... dolores_raines
      Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 am (PST)
      My ancestors from Walker Co Blount-Jefferson co Ala Ala were Raines
      Loggains/Loggins -Haskins
      Would like to hear from others on this line