New Here-My Brick Wall

  • CJN218@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2009
      Hello Everyone,
      I just joined. Looking forward to making some new friends.
      I've been researching my LEACH line for several years now but have been stuck
      for almost a year. I've traced them back to Anderson County Tennessee and
      that's as far as I can go.
      I'm looking for anything on:
      John H Leach born in Anderson Co., TN married to Elizabeth? born in NC (I
      don't know their birth years)
      Children:
      Calvin b 1816, Sarah b 1817, Mary, Nancy b1826, Minerva b 1832 and John

      The family moved to Washington County Indiana about 1826.
      Calvin, my gg grandfather, moved to Logan County IL in 1856. His biography is
      in "The History Of Logan County IL" and he states that his parents died while
      on their way to Missouri. I believe that would have been around 1848. I can
      find no information on this John H Leach other than the 1840 census for
      Washington Co. Indiana where he is a neighbor to Calvin.
      Is anyone familiar with this family? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Nancy