Re: Stoddart/Stoddard surname

  • kim_donley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
      This looks like a good possibility... Notice Mothers birthplace is
      New York just like what was listed on the 1930 census:

      1880 United States Federal Census
      about William Stoddard
      Name: William Stoddard
      Home in 1880: Lathrop, Susquehanna, Pennsylvania
      Age: 20
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
      Birthplace: Pennsylvania
      Relation to Head of Household: Son
      Father's Name: Hiram
      Father's birthplace: Pennsylvania
      Mother's Name: Rebeka
      Mother's birthplace: New York
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Occupation: Farm Work
      Marital Status: Single
      Race: White
      Gender: Male
      Cannot read/write:

      Blind:

      Deaf and dumb:

      Otherwise disabled:

      Idiotic or insane: View Image
      Household Members: Name Age
      Hiram Stoddard 51 Head Married Farmer PA PA PA
      Rebeka Stoddard 40 wife Married house work NY NY NY
      William Stoddard 20 son single Farm work PA PA NY
      Lenia Stoddard 13 Dau single farm work PA PA NY
      Myrtie Stoddard 4 dau single House work PA PA NY
      Amelia Gage 14 dau single PA PA NY

      So far the only other thing i have found on this family is that
      Hirma was in the Civil War and died 4/8/1905.
      Civil War Pension Index: General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934
      about Hiram Stoddard
      Name: Hiram Stoddard
      State Filed: Pennsylvania
      Widow: Rebecca Stoddard

      I will look around and see if i can trace this family to see what
      happens to William.........................KIM

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "gngrbnks"
      <gngrbnks@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for info on the above surname--or any variation on
      the
      > spelling. Most specifically, I am searching for William Stoddard
      b.
      > Aug. 15, 1858 d. March 28, 1939. He married Emma Jane Place
      between
      > 1882-1885. He spent his adult years in Clearfield county PA. I
      have
      > not been able to determine where he was born or who his parents
      are.
      > There is a family that was in Clearfield County, PA who had a son
      > named William, born within six years of mine. That William had a
      > brother named Hugh who was a prominent citizen of Bigler Twp in
      > Clearfield. I would like to find out if the two William's are one
      and
      > the same. If you can help find his parents, siblings and
      birthplace,
      > I'd appreciate it! Thanks! Ginger

    • gngrbnks
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2009
        Kim, is there any chance you could email me the census images for
        1850, 60, 70, 80, and 1900, 10? Thanks! Ginger

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "kim_donley"