Family Books - Continued

  • Naomah Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2009
      WOW! This has really brought a lot of information pouring in. Thank you to
      all of you.

      Background...

      The books for each of my parents line will be about 8 generations each.
      There are not many left older than me. I will be 55 this week and I was an
      "afterthought". My cousins are all in their late 60s or 70s or even older.
      My dad was 62 when I was born!
      I am the age of my 2nd cousins. I was brought up in Florida from age 8
      while everyone else was in Michigan and Ohio so I don't even know most of
      the folks personally.

      My mother's oldest sister started their side's genealogy back in the 1960s
      and that has been a BIG help.

      My mom wrote down what she knew of my dad's side and a cousin had done some
      of it and sent me a copy of what she had back in 1995. All are now
      deceased.

      I AM the older generation now, yet the youngest of it and my cousins are
      started to drop like flies!

      I have a number of photos that I found in my mom's stuff and nearly all were
      identified and dated on their backs (Thank Goodness!).

      I have since about 2006 been gathering the "proof".

      I have made some of the decisions about the layout of the books and all of
      you folks have been a big help in that. I have also found some good
      information on the web.

      I will be starting with the oldest ancestor and end with my grandchildren.

      In my 'working' copy I am using my ID numbers (based on Dollarhide) but the
      finished books will be in Modified Register.

      The main surname chapters will be by generation, with additional chapters to
      cover the other original surnames. As many collaterals as I can find will
      be included.

      Since genealogy research is NEVER finished, I will work with what I have and
      do an addendum periodically.

      Introduction and

      Acknowledgments

      Table of Contents.

      The eight generations of SMITH
      Photos and personal documents place with the person
      Documents pertaining to whole family at the end of
      family coverage
      A chapter for ZELUFF from oldest known until it merges with SMITH
      Photos and personal documents place with the person
      Documents pertaining to whole family at the end of
      family coverage
      A chapter for GIFFORD from oldest known until it merges with ZELUFF
      Personal documents place with the person
      Documents pertaining to whole family at the end of
      family coverage
      A chapter for MOWERSON from, oldest known until it merges with SMITH
      Personal documents place with the person
      Documents pertaining to whole family at the end of
      family coverage

      Bibliography

      Photo Index

      Location Index

      Surname, Given Name Index

      Family stories will be interwoven with the and done in italics.

      It will be properly cited and referenced so that subsequent genealogist
      researching these names will have at least part of what they need already
      done.

      My ultimate goal, other than these family books passing on information, is
      that someday (soon I hope) I want to be a Certified Genealogist. Therefore,
      rest assured, proper form will be used.

      Thank you again to all of you, and I will keep you posted.

      Naomah

      taphophilia, noun, from the Greek word taphos meaning grave; a love for
      funerals, graves, cemeteries

      http://naomah.tribalpages.com/

      www.LegacyFamilyTree.com