Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Request obit lookup -- Pat Blessington of Longview Washington, Titanic Survivor

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 22, 2009
      Never mind about the name... I found it as soon as I hit the "send"
      button.

      Do you know about when he lived in Longview?

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Kate <chrismomxyz@...>
      wrote:

      > Could this be your Pat?
      > Social Security Death Index
      >
      > Name:Pat BlessingtonDate of Birth:Thursday
      > February  23, 1893Date of Death:February 1986Est. Age at death:92
      years, 11 monthsLast known residence:

      > City: Sweet Home
      > County: Linn
      > State: Oregon
      > ZIP Code: 97386
      > Latitude: 44.3524
      > Longitude: -122.7197Location of Last Benefit Paid:
      >
      > City: Sweet Home
      > County: Linn
      > State: Oregon
      > ZIP Code: 97386Social Security details:
      >
      > State of Issue: Washington
      > Number: 533-05-6009

      found him, but I looked again on Google and found a story about his
      daughter, which confirms my memory of my father saying he had been on
      the Titanic as a boy of 14.

      > I don't know when he died, but he lived in Longview Washington.. .
      >

      > Does anyone have a way to find an obit on him?  I would appreciate
      it and would love to find out more about him.  mg

    • mg
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 22, 2009
        Thanks.  This is him.  I talked to his daughter, only child, today.  She is now 82.  She confirmed this was him.

        I asked why he was not on the lists...he was "undocumented" shall we say, as was often the case.  He survived by clinging to planks like in the movie she said.  He had been in a lifeboat and fell out.

        I am going to try and help her get him on official lists.  Anyone know how?  mg

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 23, 2009
          maybe contact the Titanic Hist Soc http://www.titanic1.org/
          maybe something you can look into is here http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/
          Sunny

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 23, 2009
            Thanks.  I will do that.  Thanks evewryone who provided information.  mg  mg

            maybe contact the Titanic Hist Soc http://www.titanic1 .org/
            maybe something you can look into is here http://www.encyclop edia-titanica. org/
            Sunny
            I don't have an obit yet, but I found this:

            Social Security Death Index
            about Pat Blessington
            Name: Pat Blessington
            SSN:

            Recent Activity

             5
            New MembersVisit Your Group

            Group Charity
            California Pet
            Rescue: Furry
            Friends Rescue

            Health Groups
            for people over 40
            Join people who are
            staying in shape.

            Yahoo! Groups
            Do More For Dogs Group
            Connect and share with
            dog owners like you
            .

          • mg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 26, 2009
              I just found a couple more responses to this request...I had overlooked them.

              He was in Longview as a founder actually in 1923 and I met him probably around 1958..he eventually moved to Oregon, Eugene area.  mg

              wrote:

              Recent Activity

               5
              New MembersVisit Your Group