Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Adoptions

  • Shelby Torres
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 22, 2009
      Thank you Diane I will do that.

      Shelby W TorresĀ

      --- On Thu, 1/22/09, Diane S <dsanfilippo303@...> wrote:

      From: Diane S <dsanfilippo303@...>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Adoptions
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 7:59 AM

      Shelby -

      I don't know if this is even an option for you but when my first husband was killed and we had 2 little children, when I remarried my husband wanted to adopt them and have them take his name, mainly because we wanted to have more children, and we wanted them to all grow up with the same name. So, that's what we did.... and many years later when I tried to get a copy for one of the children, it was not easy! The lawyer who did the case was deceased, but one of the secretary's recognized the name, so her 'boss' got on the phone with me. I explained the situation and that I was their natural mother, and that their father was deceased, and I had remarried... . so what I had to do was make copies of my birth certificate, Billy's and Dicks... then I had to copy my marriage license from Haralson Co., then Billy's death certificate, the my marriage to Dick... and both of the children's hospital certificates. .. so after I sent all this to him, it was about a
      week later when my daughter called to say she had received a copy of her original birth certificate from the lawyer's office!'

      So you might jump through some hoops, especially when yours is a lot older than mine were... but start collecting those documents, beginning with yours...

      Diane S

      From: Synaptic Freak <synapticfreakazoid@ yahoo.com>

      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 6:04 PM

      What state are you in?....and you are barking up a REALLY big tree for sure ..it can be done (in some states) and its all about who you know and how you go aboout getting the information. In most cases the information that you are seeking is considered "Sealed" and for you to do get it "legally" you would need a Lawyer and you mom would need to have some sort of life threatning medical condition that would warrant them releasing her biological parents information. ...its a sad fact that "thats just the way it is and that Privacy outweighs health in some cases" and even if you did show what you would belive to be a lagitamate case to warent getting you moms biological parent information, your case would still be decided by someone else and there is no telling their personal interpretations and feeling of the subject matter ....there are many peopl eout there walking this world that would rather see someone die then give out "Private

      Information" ....I know

      because I searched and found my biological parents several years ago and believe me,....I ran into some unbelievable road blocks allong the way ......If you really want to find out this information then you will have to adopt an attitude like a freight train and not be afraid to lie and decive people and stop at nothing to get the information ....During my search there were people that would litterally tell you anything to get you to go away......My suggestion to you is to get in contact with Adoption Search Groups in your area and try to find alliance with a real live Search Angel .....someone that knows the ins and outs of searching and that is current with the times ...I could have helped you 10 years ago....I know a few little tricks, but nothing close to people that are out there currently searching ....Google Cancerned United Birthparents and get an Email address of someone or group leader nearest you ..write to them and ask them if they know anyone

      ..they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction ....unless you have some dire medical emergency the whole "Searching" is pretty much done in an "Underground" setting ....

      Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.

      Music Page:

      http://www.soundcli ck.com/bands/ default.cfm? bandID=232115& content=music

      Personal Profile Page:

      http://www.soundcli ck.com/members/ default.cfm? member=topquark

      Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol) , Synesthesia

      From: shelbywtorres <shelbywtorres@ yahoo.com>

      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Adoptions

      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 9:35 PM

      I was wondering if anyone here knows how I would go about getting my

      mother's org adoption papers? She was adopted from Charolettesville, Va.

      http://service. bfast.com/ bfast/click? bfmid=5647408& siteid=18621718

      Yahoo! Groups Links