Re: Family History Program?

  • Phillip
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 18, 2009
      Yes Paul you might try Legacy Family Tree. The free download is at
      www.legacyfamilytree.com
      Good luck and God bless,
      Phil

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "fellow_puzzler"
      <blighty_fellow@...> wrote:

      > Hi all..
      >
      > Please does anyone know of a good family histoy program I can
      download
      > free?
      > thanks
      > Paul..

    • Shelby Torres
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 18, 2009
        I down loaded Legacy and was wondering if there is a way to import you exixsting tree to there?

        Shelby W Torres

        <blighty_fellow@ ...> wrote:

        > Hi all..
        >
        > Please does anyone know of a good family histoy program I can
        download
        > free?
        > thanks
        > Paul..

      • Jody's Genes
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 19, 2009
          Yes, there is. Just go to File, Import From and go from there. I never have
          a problem importing any gedcom or any other family file into Legacy.

          Have fun and good luck. If you have any more questions, we're here, as well
          as the Legacy website. That can be very helpful.

          Jody Keiser in KS
        • Phillip
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 20, 2009
            Shelby,
            Export your file as a GEDCOM from your present software to your
            PC desktop. Once this is done you can import it into legacy. There
            are other ways but this is probably the simplest.
            Phil

            -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shelby Torres
            <shelbywtorres@...> wrote:

            > I down loaded Legacy and was wondering if there is a way to import
            you exixsting tree to there?

            > Shelby W Torres

          • Shelby Torres
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 20, 2009
              I guess I'm alittle slow. My tree is on ancesty com. So how would you go about doing that?

              Shelby W Torres

              <shelbywtorres@ ...> wrote:

              > I down loaded Legacy and was wondering if there is a way to import
              you exixsting tree to there?

              > Shelby W Torres

            • Gwen Hopkins
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 21, 2009
                go to manage my tree in ancestry. you should see where you can export from there.