Pulling out my hair- John W Peters

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009
      Hi everybody. I have been getting so frustrated looking for my great-grandfather, John W Peters. I join a club in Indiana thinking I could get some help form the people that live there and nope, nothing. Does anybody here live in Marion Co, Indiana and can look up some information. This is what I have been able to find:

      John W Peters-born in Ohio about 1831. Parents names unknown.

      1870-He was living in Franklin Ward 2,Johnson, Indiana with wife, Ada and son Charly 3. He was a peddler.

      1880- Ada was living in Marion Co., Indiana with 2 sons, Charley and John Wessely. She is widowed at this time.

      John dies between 1870 and 1875. I got as far as looking for information in the library in Indiana but you had to be a member to look at the records.
      I have tried to look for cemeteries that he would be buried in and can't find anything that old or anybody at the cemeteriesĀ I contacted to help.

      I am so close but yet so far. It has taken me about 12 yrs to get all this. If anyone could help I would be very thankful, Barb