Re: New to group............

  • KATHRYN
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
      Hello and Welcome I would try Rootsweb World Connect. It is under
      family history on the main page here you can type in a surname and
      see if any others from your line are reseaching your family It may be
      a sibling family or a cousin I have gained many contacts for various
      families using this tool Good Luck Let us know how hou make out.

      -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jlc_0107"
      <jlc_0107@...> wrote:

      > Hi--I am new to this group and new to researching my family. I am
      > having a hard time getting farther than my gggrandparents. I
      joined
      > ancestry.com and it has been a lot of help--but i'm still stuck!!
      Any
      > ideas? The names i am looking for are-my moms side-Estep/Eastepp,
      > Warford, Ward, Fredericks. On my dads side-Absher, Porter and
      Smith.