New to group............

  • jlc_0107
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi--I am new to this group and new to researching my family. I am
      having a hard time getting farther than my gggrandparents. I joined
      ancestry.com and it has been a lot of help--but i'm still stuck!! Any
      ideas? The names i am looking for are-my moms side-Estep/Eastepp,
      Warford, Ward, Fredericks. On my dads side-Absher, Porter and Smith.
      They were mainly from-Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma and probably
      other places that I haven't found yet. I am having a very frustrating
      time trying to find my gggrandmothers maiden name--I finally found her
      using a different spelling--her name is Tempa Estep or Eastepp as she
      is on one of the census rolls.--I didn't realize that Tempa was such a
      popular name back then!!! Can anyone help?
    • KATHRYN
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
        Hello and Welcome I would try Rootsweb World Connect. It is under
        family history on the main page here you can type in a surname and
        see if any others from your line are reseaching your family It may be
        a sibling family or a cousin I have gained many contacts for various
        families using this tool Good Luck Let us know how hou make out.

        -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jlc_0107"