Re: A ffew questions

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
      Name: Charley Betty
      City: Not Stated
      County: Dyer
      State: Tennessee
      Birthplace: Tennessee;United States of America
      Birth Date: 11 Apr 1888
      Race: Caucasian (White)
      Roll: 1852980
      claimed exemption wife and 4 children
      marked with an X cannot write>
    • cwc362
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thanks !!

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
          this might be a bit off track, but since that name is unusal:
          Betty Family Papers, 1835 – 1935. ~ 80 items. TSLA.
          [View Manuscript Finding Aid]
          The Betty Family Papers, of Rutherford County, Tennessee, consist of
          correspondence, three loose documents, genealogical data, photographs,
          and sketches. Included in the correspondence are letters from William
          Francis McClanahan Betty (ca. 1829-1902/03) to his wife, Sophie Burrus
          (Rucker) Betty (1839-1866), before and after they married in 1859.
          William Betty served as Lieutenant in the 28th Tennessee, Confederate
          States of America, from 1862 to 1865. There are seven letters from
          Betty to his wife expressing his love and how much he misses his family
          between 1864-65. His younger daughter, Willie, was born after he left
          for service. She became an internationally acclaimed artist and had a
          studio in Paris, France, and later in Nashville, Tennessee, where she
          died in 1935. (She was born January 21, 1863; married J. W. Newman in
          1882, and to this day is referred to as Willie Betty Newman.)

          http://www.state.tn.us/tsla/history/manuscripts/mguidea.htm
        • carlos
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mccgram" <mccgram@...>
            wrote:

            > this might be a bit off track, but since that name is unusal:
            > Betty Family Papers, 1835 – 1935. ~ 80 items. TSLA.
            > [View Manuscript Finding Aid]
            > The Betty Family Papers, of Rutherford County, Tennessee, consist of

            Thanks , I have seen those before but I think it is a different or
            distant branch of the Betty's in my line. Most of my people that I
            have found so far have been farmers and Loggers . Please keep on
            sending anything you find - The most important link I got on this
            part of my family came from out of the blue. My great grandfather
            started out spelling his name betty but somewhere down the line for
            some reason it changed to Bettie . All the living and recently living
            relatives now use the Bettie spelling now. Thanks for taking the
            time to send this info - it is really appreciated.

            Wayne