Re: [Genealogy Research Club] A ffew questions

  • cwc362
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2008
      Sorry guess I didn't put that on there. He was born in medina TN.

      Charlie Mitchell Betty(bettie) born april 11, 1888 - died september 1975 in Gibson county Tennessee. Part of the Town of Medina addresses are in Gibson County and part are in Madison County. Most of my family have lived back and forth between the Madison And Gibson county lines. So A lot of my people's records are split between those two counties. Thnks!!

      Wayne

    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
        Name: Charley Betty
        City: Not Stated
        County: Dyer
        State: Tennessee
        Birthplace: Tennessee;United States of America
        Birth Date: 11 Apr 1888
        Race: Caucasian (White)
        Roll: 1852980
        claimed exemption wife and 4 children
        marked with an X cannot write>
      • cwc362
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
          Thanks !!

        • mccgram
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
            this might be a bit off track, but since that name is unusal:
            Betty Family Papers, 1835 – 1935. ~ 80 items. TSLA.
            [View Manuscript Finding Aid]
            The Betty Family Papers, of Rutherford County, Tennessee, consist of
            correspondence, three loose documents, genealogical data, photographs,
            and sketches. Included in the correspondence are letters from William
            Francis McClanahan Betty (ca. 1829-1902/03) to his wife, Sophie Burrus
            (Rucker) Betty (1839-1866), before and after they married in 1859.
            William Betty served as Lieutenant in the 28th Tennessee, Confederate
            States of America, from 1862 to 1865. There are seven letters from
            Betty to his wife expressing his love and how much he misses his family
            between 1864-65. His younger daughter, Willie, was born after he left
            for service. She became an internationally acclaimed artist and had a
            studio in Paris, France, and later in Nashville, Tennessee, where she
            died in 1935. (She was born January 21, 1863; married J. W. Newman in
            1882, and to this day is referred to as Willie Betty Newman.)

            http://www.state.tn.us/tsla/history/manuscripts/mguidea.htm
          • carlos
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mccgram" <mccgram@...>
              wrote:

              > this might be a bit off track, but since that name is unusal:
              > Betty Family Papers, 1835 – 1935. ~ 80 items. TSLA.
              > [View Manuscript Finding Aid]
              > The Betty Family Papers, of Rutherford County, Tennessee, consist of

              Thanks , I have seen those before but I think it is a different or
              distant branch of the Betty's in my line. Most of my people that I
              have found so far have been farmers and Loggers . Please keep on
              sending anything you find - The most important link I got on this
              part of my family came from out of the blue. My great grandfather
              started out spelling his name betty but somewhere down the line for
              some reason it changed to Bettie . All the living and recently living
              relatives now use the Bettie spelling now. Thanks for taking the
              time to send this info - it is really appreciated.

              Wayne