John F Parrish

  • maryann
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2008
      John was born about 1847 in Johnston County ,NC
      He married a Laney Parrish. ( probably b about the same time)
      He may have been a brother to my ggrandfather, Wiley Paarrish.

      My brick wall is Laney Parrish, I am not able to find her
      maiden name, all I can find is her Parrish name, so was she a
      Parrish maybe of another line?

      Sure would appreciate that great helping hand again!

      Maryann

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2008
        Maryann -

        > "He may have been a brother to my ggrandfather, Wiley Paarrish."

        What is the birthyear of your ggrandfather, Wiley?

        1880 Clayton, Johnston, NC
        Parish, John F/42, Laney/45, John L/18, Elizebeth/11, Augustus/7
        Hocutt, Atlas/50/bro-in-law

        I wonder - is this the same family?
        1870 Clayton, Johnston, NC
        Parish, John/28, Delania/28, John/7, Betty/2
        NOTE: "Laney" as short-form nickname of "Delania"?

        Is this the same Laney? Siblings?
        1860 Neuse River, Johnston, North Carolina
        Hocutt, Jas/21, Laney?/26, Atlas/22
        NOTE: household of Zach Hocutt/46 on same censuspage.

        1850 District 6, Johnston, North Carolina
        Hocut, Benjamin/56, Cynthia/47, William/22, Harriet/21,
        (), Delaney/19, Atlas/16, James/13

        - Tom Knox IBSSG

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "maryann"
        <Mary_Grether@...> wrote:

        > John was born about 1847 in Johnston County ,NC
        > He married a Laney Parrish. ( probably b about the same time)
        > He may have been a brother to my ggrandfather, Wiley Paarrish.
        >
        > My brick wall is Laney Parrish, I am not able to find
        her maiden name, all I can find is her Parrish name, so
        was she a Parrish maybe of another line?

        > Sure would appreciate that great helping hand again!
        >
        > Maryann
      • KATHRYN
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2008
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Knox"
          <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

          > Maryann -
          >
          > > "He may have been a brother to my ggrandfather, Wiley Paarrish."
          >
          > What is the birthyear of your ggrandfather, Wiley?
          >
          > 1880 Clayton, Johnston, NC
          > Parish, John F/42, Laney/45, John L/18, Elizebeth/11, Augustus/7
          > Hocutt, Atlas/50/bro-in-law
          >
          > I wonder - is this the same family?
          > 1870 Clayton, Johnston, NC
          > Parish, John/28, Delania/28, John/7, Betty/2
          > NOTE: "Laney" as short-form nickname of "Delania"?
          >
          > Is this the same Laney? Siblings?
          > 1860 Neuse River, Johnston, North Carolina
          > Hocutt, Jas/21, Laney?/26, Atlas/22
          > NOTE: household of Zach Hocutt/46 on same censuspage.
          >
          > 1850 District 6, Johnston, North Carolina
          > Hocut, Benjamin/56, Cynthia/47, William/22, Harriet/21,
          > (), Delaney/19, Atlas/16, James/13
          >
          > - Tom Knox IBSSG
          >

          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "maryann"
          > <Mary_Grether@> wrote:
          > >
          > > John was born about 1847 in Johnston County ,NC
          > > He married a Laney Parrish. ( probably b about the same time)
          > > He may have been a brother to my ggrandfather, Wiley Paarrish.
          > >
          > > My brick wall is Laney Parrish, I am not able to find
          > her maiden name, all I can find is her Parrish name, so
          > was she a Parrish maybe of another line?
          > >
          > > Sure would appreciate that great helping hand again!
          > >
          > > Maryann

          Hi, And Happy Holiday's to all, I was doing some researching for a
          member of my genealogy club here in Myrtle Beach, SC on the Parrish
          family
          I came across this website and thought it might be interesting to the
          Parrish researchers here on this board.

          http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Embassy/1221/georgia/